Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson ranks his own albums for Kerrang!

Original AIDS provider.

Default Marilyn Manson ranks his own albums for Kerrang!

Most of us have probably already seen this from social media, but for those that haven't:

http://www.kerrang.com/features/we-a...nk-his-albums/

Points of interest for me include:

* Even Manson says Holy Wood is his best. Case closed, then.
    * He hated the way MA sounds at the time it came it.
    * If he thinks Four Rusted Horses and Devour are such great songs, maybe he should PLAY THEM LIVE THEN! They were great on the tour for THEOL when he was playing them.
    * Manson re-did many of the guitar parts for BV, which I didn't know.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Married to Shangri-LIE Suedehead's Avatar

Fair dinkum, Manson, I approve. He's almost got this bang on...if you bump 'Mechanical Animals' up a couple of spots we're in business.

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    Most of us have probably already seen this from social media, but for those that haven't:

http://www.kerrang.com/features/we-a...nk-his-albums/

Points of interest for me include:

* He hated the way MA sounds at the time it came it.
    * If he thinks Four Rusted Horses and Devour are such great songs, maybe he should PLAY THEM LIVE THEN! They were great on the tour for THEOL when he was playing them.
    * Manson re-did many of the guitar parts for BV, which I didn't know.
    Interesting about MA, because even back then I thought it was sonically superior to anything he had done, and still think it's his best production to date.

Interesting. Strange to see him actually confirming what everyone has been saying about Jeordie for years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    On Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside down "... and these two might be my favourite records"

So no, Did you even pay attention to WHY he ranked Holy Wood as the number one? Or are you a selective reader to better your own personal opinions? I'm glad he acknowledges Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside down as his favorites. They're probably the best thing to come and all thanks to the Bates.

Also, it's funny how he forgets when he was actually married since he's proclaiming it was during Golden Age. His own memory is starting to slip just like when a different editor corrected him in an article. Y I K E S

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    On Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside down "... and these two might be my favourite records"

So no, Did you even pay attention to WHY he ranked Holy Wood as the number one? Or are you a selective reader to better your own personal opinions?
    i think it was a joke fam

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post

So no, Did you even pay attention to WHY he ranked Holy Wood as the number one? Or are you a selective reader to better your own personal opinions? I'm glad he acknowledges Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside down as his favorites. They're probably the best thing to come and all thanks to the Bates.

Also, it's funny how he forgets when he was actually married since he's proclaiming it was during Golden Age. His own memory is starting to slip just like when a different editor corrected him in an article. Y I K E S
    Christ, just when we thought we were safe.

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Manson always regards whatever he's working on or just finished as his best, or at least his favorite, record. It's kinda human nature.

But he realizes that Holywood is the most impressive/profound work. It's his magnum opus, the crown jewel of his amazing career.

It's more culturally relevant now than it ever was when it was released.

QED.

The Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside Down are my two favorites. It was a close to perfect decision to work with Bates :)
    Four Rusted Horses is on my playlist for when I'm riding my bike to class :P

I like to read about his own thoughts on the different albums

I imagine that in years to come The Pale Emperor will be regarded as one of Manson's finest albums, but I don't think Heaven Upside Down will. I like it but lyrically for me it is lacking slightly.
    I largely agree with the list though, I'd have put Mechanical Animals before Golden Age though.