Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: First World Appetite - Defiled Tombs

Default First World Appetite - Defiled Tombs

I've started working on a few new songs. This is one of them. It's one of my most personal songs yet and i hope you guys will enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8RErE_jNDc&t=4s

I really like the instrumental, and I think this song sounds much better than others I've heard from you. I also create music and I've been involved with some bands so I know how hard it is to put out quality music, I'm not gonna be the hater here.

My advice or opinion is about the vocals, I think you need to focus more in them, focus on the way you sing at the mic because that is important, the way you project your voice and the way you record it, and also a better production, overall, but mostly at the vocals. There's imbalance in volume and I don't really like the way you sing the lyrics, at times it feels cringy, which is not a very good thing. But the instrumental is good, and although it could have been mixed better, I assume you are doing it all by yourself, so Kudos for that. Keep doing what you like and creating music, don't take my advise as a statement, it is just my humble opinion.

Thanks for your opinion man. I had zero experience when it comes to mixing and production before i started recording my songs last year. My initial intent was to record a couple of demos to create a band, but as time went by i just kept recording so the mixing is really all over the place. I'm still having a hard time with it unfortunatly. What kind of tips could you give me?
    Also, which vocal parts did you find cringy? The chorus or the verses?

Quote Originally Posted by ReversedHate View Post
    Thanks for your opinion man. I had zero experience when it comes to mixing and production before i started recording my songs last year. My initial intent was to record a couple of demos to create a band, but as time went by i just kept recording so the mixing is really all over the place. I'm still having a hard time with it unfortunatly. What kind of tips could you give me?
    Also, which vocal parts did you find cringy? The chorus or the verses?
    I found cringy some parts of each one. In the chorus I get the feeling you are trying so hard to sound rude and it has to sound real, visceral. Also, I think it is too loud. In the verses sometimes it seems also that you are trying to emulate or to seem like a kind of "Marilyn Manson" but it feels forced. I mean, we all have our own inspirations and of course we are going to sound like a mish mash of everything, but music has to bring the magic(k) so when the voice feels too hyperbolic or exagerated, it feels fake. Try to find your style in a way that you sing from the heart and not the mind. Don't think about other people while creating, what they might think, how do you have to do it to impress them and that bullshit. That is what will make your music cringy, fake. I'm not talking about yours particularly, I'm saying it generally.

Do you equalize and compress well the voices? I'd say to you, there's tons of tutorials of whatever DAW you might be using, about how compression goes, reverb, delays, equalizers and so on.

You'll see that maybe you can improve what you already got recorded. So, start with the basics, which is what I have told you.

I don't use any form of compression or equalizer in my music. I only use delay on the vocals every now and then. I'm using Reaper since it's free and i'll definitly check out some more tutorials. I appreciate your opinion and i'd love to hear some of the music that you've worked on.