Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Latest Marilyn Manson Meltdown

Default The Latest Marilyn Manson Meltdown

Welp, it happened again.

Thoughts?

I'm of two minds.

On one hand, the dude's obviously going through some shit right now - it's been a trying year and it looks like he's definitely not sober (if he ever actually was). I hope he gets help.

On the other hand, the past 12 years have been punctuated by these alcohol-fueled tantrums and genuinely unprofessional behaviour. Enough is enough. Fix yourself. Hire a personal trainer. Get a therapist. Try go sober or at least half way there.

https://pitchfork.com/news/marilyn-m...tage-meltdown/
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Meltdown isn't the word I'd use. Seems like he was annoyed by the crowd and decided to give them the finger. Idk I wasn't there, so I don't know he he was performing badly prior to ending it. Always hate how people automatically assume the guy is hammered. Like, you really think he's boozing out on stage, especially after a pretty great tour (So far I guess)? Idk
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Always hate how people automatically assume the guy is hammered. Like, you really think he's boozing out on stage, especially after a pretty great tour (So far I guess)? Idk
    Apparently he was already trashed at the meet and greet. He's admitted himself that he's a drunkard who walks around with a water bottle full of vodka. You can't just stop drinking and freshen up after 10+ years of intoxication without serious withdrawal, and we all know his attitude towards rehabilitation.

That said, this is is pretty unremarkable to be honest. It's not like the drummer got knocked out or anything. XD He was similarly fucked up last time I saw him at Soundwave, and that was 6-7 years ago or something. His shows have always been a gamble. The backlash to this seems pretty huge though, and it was certainly cringeworthy... he collapsed just off stage according to some, so he must have been truly tanked.

His laments of not being loved enough are worrying though. I think he is really getting tired. The past few years with their losses may be catching up to him.... or he's just utterly bored.
    Last edited by Akhenaten; 02-16-2018 at 11:18 PM.
    The livin' are dead and I hope to join them too. I know what to do and I do it well.

Seeing lots of shades of Scott Weiland in this behavior. Concerning.

I Love the guy. Please support him - he needs it right now.

Manson is Manson.

In other news, water is wet.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotJesus View Post
    Try go sober
    lolok

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

To paraphrase Manson himself, I think he and a lot of figures in entertainment are expected to be a million different things to countless people at all times. That's not necessarily a 'Woe Is Manson', feel-sorry-for-him assessment, it's just what it is. I don't think there's anyone among us who can claim they've never performed below 100% in their job, their relationships, their daily business etc. If you don't work in front of thousands of people who all know your name and what you're about, then it's a lot easier to f-f-f-fake it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotJesus View Post
    Fix yourself. Hire a personal trainer. Get a therapist. Try go sober or at least half way there.
    Maybe that's your life, and your solutions, not Manson's?

For a man who's spent his career encouraging people to think for themselves or expand their minds, some of the critiques of him by his own fans are surprisingly vanilla.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    To paraphrase Manson himself, I think he and a lot of figures in entertainment are expected to be a million different things to countless people at all times. That's not necessarily a 'Woe Is Manson', feel-sorry-for-him assessment, it's just what it is. I don't think there's anyone among us who can claim they've never performed below 100% in their job, their relationships, their daily business etc. If you don't work in front of thousands of people who all know your name and what you're about, then it's a lot easier to f-f-f-fake it.

Maybe that's your life, and your solutions, not Manson's?

For a man who's spent his career encouraging people to think for themselves or expand their minds, some of the critiques of him by his own fans are surprisingly vanilla.
    To paraphrase Manson himself, I think he and a lot of figures in entertainment are expected to be a million different things to countless people at all times.
    Or simply being entertaining to the overall audience and not just to those who are erotomaniac disciples that want to protect a grown man who apparently is still a hurt, fragile child for whom they'd willingly form a suicide pact with. That isn't asking much of him at all other than not causing concert goers to question whether or not the price of the tickets, time, travel, lodging and VIP packages are worth it or not. Now, I've personally enjoyed his performances during his "finding myself again" saga. I'm not bashing him. But for fucks sake, people don't have to chant his name, scream "I love you" or pay total attention to him the entire show just for the sake of preventing him from throwing a temper tantrum or feeling "abandoned". Aside from the tragic losses of his mother, father and his cat for which he has my utmost sympathies, most of his losses are due to his own attitude and behaviors towards other people, even himself that even go back as far as TGAOG. I'd say even before then, but the Grotesk Burlesk tour is whenever his truly not giving a single fuck mentality became more conspicuous. If there is that much pressure on him personally or he is in a bad place in life, which he has been for a long time now, take a break, sort whatever it is out and not project it toward the audiences. Not that he does this every show, but the pattern of completely ruined shows is ridiculous.

I don't think there's anyone among us who can claim they've never performed below 100% in their job, their relationships, their daily business etc.
    Valid point. Though whenever people fail to meet performance standards in their profession they are usually granted leave, offered counseling, made redundant or reported to an ethics committee to have a license or certification revoked. As for relationships and daily business, if you are always finding yourself losing close friends, partners and band mates, (in his case) perhaps he's the problem and not them? Again, not bashing him. But that is the reality a lot of people have to own up to at some point. Not just him/any public figure. If you're constantly having people pull away from you, then it's usually "you" being the reason for that.

As for his drinking and drug habits, I could really care less. If that's how he wants to live, then that's how he wants to live. But if that's how he wants to live, then he shouldn't see others as stupid and/or losers for either dying or losing everything for having ...chronic drug and alcohol habits.

With that said. So far, it's been one hell of a tour. I've enjoyed every single one of his albums. Three of which he even himself considers his worst that are my favorites. I also still see him as capable of being a brilliant artist. But in all honesty, he really hasn't said anything intellectually stimulating for a long time now. The music/lyrics are great, but he's stuck in this fucked up loop of "I am chaos" and it's been a trite persona/reasoning for quite a while now.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 02-18-2018 at 04:56 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Glad I got mine in!
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

You have to remember he predicted all this about himself decades ago. "Hey, Mr. Superstar...." The Antichrist becomes Omega.