Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: I hope that the first cover album will be released in the near future.

Default I hope that the first cover album will be released in the near future.

In recent years, Manson has been quite actively cover other songs than before.

The songs I remember are: - Some did not release the recording version.

Moonage Daydream by David Bowie
    Stigmata by Ministry
    God's Gonna Cut You Down by Johnny Cash
    Cry Little Sister by Gerard McMahon

It would be nice if about 10 songs are include.
    Last edited by hyde; 01-13-2018 at 11:40 PM.

I really really want them to release “don’t you want me baby?”

3. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    I Made It My Weapon Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by 303 View Post
    I really really want them to release “don’t you want me baby?”
    Never heard of him covering that..

But I'd be much more interested in him releasing original unreleased songs, like perhaps what he worked on with Shirley Manson, whatever MM and Jonathan Davis may have worked on a few years ago. Whatever he made for his Lost Celebritarian album in 2005, and also include unreleased covers. All on one big amazing Box Set of unreleased material.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Never heard of him covering that..

But I'd be much more interested in him releasing original unreleased songs, like perhaps what he worked on with Shirley Manson
    That IS what he worked on with Shirley Manson lol. They covered The Human League's "Don't You Want Me?" But neither of them were satisfied with the finished product, so it was never released.

I'd love to hear Manson's cover of The Doors' "Not To Touch the Earth". I THINK it was technically a Hollywood Vampires recording, but didn't make the final cut of their album. But there is that live snippet on YouTube of Manson and Johnny Depp performing it.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

He's already said it will be on the NEXT Hollywood Vampires album, fwiw.

And it's one of my absolute favorite songs by The Doors so I'm REALLLLY looking forward to it! One of my friends saw it live in person, told me it made them think of me, and then completely neglected to even take a pic let alone record any of it because they were too busy schmoozing during the song, lolwtfkillmenow.

Anyway, an all-covers album would be amazing.

Same goes for an all-acoustic album.

In the meantime, even I know how to assemble a playlist and/or make a mixtape and burn a CD, lol.

:P

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

I’d much prefer an all acoustic album over an all covers album.

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I wouldn't want it to get in the way of a full original album, but I would definitely be in favour of a digital only release of all his covers, new and old, and god knows he has done more than most.
    I mean Manson has often discussed projects that end up being thrown out, so there is presumably more covers out there that we don't even know about.
    I remember when his version of 'In The Ghetto' was released, I'd never heard anything about that before.

"Get in the way of a full original album," lol.

IT'S ALL RIGHT THERE AND READY TO BE COLLECTED, ffs!

Next Stop: Ur Local Starbucks.

Basically PRINTING money.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Years ago when this suggestion came up frequently I felt he was prudent to focus on his own releases and not get stuck being associated with covers foremost.
    Since the success of Sweet Dreams, Manson's been very careful to use covers sparingly and often as a tool to promote a greater work. Releasing ...Dreams so soon off the back of Portrait Of An American Family, whilst specifying it was part of an EP, and then unleashing The Beautiful People onto the world was clever, he didn't rely on the acclaim of ...Dreams long enough for it to define his career, and already had something more bombastic to showcase the band's original songwriting.

I think he's steadily taken a similar approach on almost every album since, there's always a cover somewhere to support the original work, making it easier for people to associate him with pop culture at large, and still fuel his personal canon. A covers collection would be a good shout at this stage, although probably only as an additional part of another retrospective. The problem with that, is that he's not been on one single label for the past ten years, so there's a lot of licensing involved, and I'd wager many of the covers he's done since leaving Interscope have been through different outlets also (especially for films).

As @Hazekiah suggests, making yourself a nifty playlist is probably a good idea.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

14. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    Id much prefer an all acoustic album over an all covers album.
    Me too but there are a few songs that I think his voice would be great for.
    Shooter Jennings did a cover of You Are My Sunshine. MM should give that version a shot.

Just like
    The white buffalo's
    Come join the murder and oh darlin' what have I done.

16. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post