Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daniel P. Carter Interviews Marilyn Manson - S W I M Podcast

Saturn doesn't orbit Earth ever. It was in Opposition to the Sun making it look that way as it went close to Earth across the night sky, It really does look like it though when you watch it every night during the opposition to the Sun. It was in direct opposition on June 15th last year. The 29 year thing is how long it takes for Saturn to get through all the constellations back to each sign again. What was happening in his life 29 years ago may be coming up again for review in some way within the next 2 1/2 years because this one is in Saturn's home sign now of Capricorn. It has been and will continue to be a very interesting time for him. Lots of major transits are coming up for him mid January that will last almost all year. Things might be challenging this year but end up really well with some great outcomes. :)

Sadly I couldn't find a time to heart this, I would wish someone can transcribe this into text so I can read the whole thing.
    Or at least the highlights of the interview.

Double post. Sorry

can it be downloaded?

Fascinating. I had forgotten that the orbit of Saturn would have taken place sometime around the writing of the New Testament and that late Roman period. Nice connection between The Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside Down and the contemporary period, from the name change through to his mother, his father, but also the decline and decay of empire and its connection to faith. Sits well together.

It is interesting to see him reflecting on the power of nostalgia in a period when everything is transitioning and moving at such a high speed, the tension between experiencing events and watching them being reported in the news and how distancing that is from the lived experience. He seems far more comfortable around the issue of adaptation and where he sits within current society, albeit with a hefty dose of sardonic.

And nice to have some more of the musical references they included. Killing Joke as the basis for We Know Where you Fucking Live. Of course. Girls Against Boys and Richard Butler in Je$u$ Crisis, and the end of that song being accidentally snorting meth instead of cocaine, lol. Nice. And hah, I like how he enjoys the different (mis)interpretations of his lyrics as adding layers to the meaning.

And huh, he would have done something different for the videos.

So much :)

Not that I want him to break his leg again, but if this is what we get when he does? It is tempting.
    Last edited by Enname; 03-02-2018 at 06:51 PM.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.