Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: [x074] JUN 14 2018 - Novarock - Nickelsdorf, Austria

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

Default [x074] JUN 14 2018 - Novarock - Nickelsdorf, Austria

JUN 14 2018

Venue: Novarock

Tickets:
    http://www.marilynmanson.com

Members Attending:

Officially boycotting this one. Worst festival on the planet. Tried to see Manson there in 2012, but the whole red stage evening programme got cancelled, because of weather. Other stages did operate, nevertheless. We had 1-day tickets and never got our money back. I was called stupid to have attended a festival to see just one band (we actually tried to see 3, no luck). So, fuck you Nova Rock. It's basically in my back yard, but I'll rather fly to see Manson somewhere else, than to give those assholes 100e for one one-day tickets, for shittiest festival, to maybe see nothing again and then be called an idiot when asking a refund. Can't believe Manson is playing it again, and on the same fucking stage. We're at every Manson show within 1400km reach, but skipping this one.

EDIT: Turns out I'll be going after all.

Manson got moved up to headlining the center stage after the German band Die Toten Hosen had to cancel their slot. If everything works out I'll get to the festival just in time. Not gonna be front row for this one, more like 3539th row, but whatever.

In 2012 Manson's show at this festival got canceled due to thunder storms, and there are thunder storms in the forecast for tonight, so we'll see how that goes.
    Last edited by NapalmHeart; 06-14-2018 at 04:59 AM. Reason: no reason

This show was literally a dream come true...

For several years I've been having this same, reoccurring dream: I randomly stop by a music festival and Manson is playing on stage. The setlist is unusual with songs like The Speed of Pain or 1996. People in the audience keep leaving, until it's just me who's left and who he's performing for.

This show wasn't exactly like that, but it came damn close to that. I didn't plan on going to this show, but my girlfriend and I got tickets so we decided to find a way to get there. After her work shift we drove to the festival and just made it in time for Manson (we got there at 11.15 pm, Manson was going to play at 11.30 pm). It had been raining all day so there was mud everywhere. Seeing him this far away at a festival was definitely a different experience than seeing him up close at a solo show, but it was beautiful.

Manson started on time and played for exactly 90 minutes (the show ended at 01.00 am). Manson was in a great mood, brought one more girl with her "I'll kill for you" sign on stage as well as some other people in costumes (dinosaurs). SAY10 was huge. Antichrist Superstar was extra powerful tonight. Cry Little Sister was magical.

After Cry Little Sister we left (many other people had left before us, due to the heavy rain) and I went to take a piss when I suddenly heard the fucking intro to Coma White!? Epic. What a wonderful night. Epic setlist, almost too long, but I guess since Manson was moved to the headlining slot after the initial headlining band had to cancel their show he had to play a longer set (and hopefully got paid a lot more).

Fuck yeah, Manson. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmHeart View Post

After Cry Little Sister we left (many other people had left before us, due to the heavy rain) and I went to take a piss when I suddenly heard the fucking intro to Coma White!? Epic. What a wonderful night. Epic setlist, almost too long, but I guess since Manson was moved to the headlining slot after the initial headlining band had to cancel their show he had to play a longer set (and hopefully got paid a lot more).

Fuck yeah, Manson. Thank you.
    ^^ Enname likes a lot.

So pleased you had such a wonderful time, and that the show was both a change of pace but also still going well. Love that you almost ended up with your dream performance. Did the just play the intro to Coma White as an outro, or was it an extra number on the set?
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Setlist (16 songs):
    Irresponsible Hate Anthem
    Angel With the Scabbed Wings
    Deep Six
    This Is the New Shit
    Disposable Teens
    mOBSCENE
    Kill4Me
    Rock Is Dead
    The Dope Show
    Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
    Say10
    The Fight Song
    Antichrist Superstar
    The Beautiful People
    Cry Little Sister
    Coma White

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

That's awesome Manson got moved to a headlining slot and what a nice addition to finish the setlist!

This shit is getting better and better

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmHeart View Post
    (...) we got there at 11.15 pm, Manson was going to play at 11.30 pm (...)
    WTF!!!
    What kind of starting times are those?

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    ^^ Enname likes a lot.

So pleased you had such a wonderful time, and that the show was both a change of pace but also still going well. Love that you almost ended up with your dream performance. Did the just play the intro to Coma White as an outro, or was it an extra number on the set?
    The full Coma White was played, with Manson in a coat and black balloons. It was awesome. Definitely close to the dream i keep having yes, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Principiante View Post
    WTF!!!
    What kind of starting times are those?
    Well, he was headlining, so... 11.30 - 01:00 is reasonable.