Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manson NME Covers.

Default Manson NME Covers.

So with the print edition of NME magazine coming to an end I thought some people would want to reminisce by posting some of Manson's covers over the last twenty or so years.

So do post your favourite covers.

Married to Shangri-LIE Suedehead's Avatar

Everything about this is perfect :).
    Last edited by Suedehead; 03-10-2018 at 01:49 AM.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

To my knowledge he's had six full NME covers, and the Student Guide in 1997. Strangely, the cover artist for the issue the Student Guide came with was... Mansun.

I never really collected them, because I've always fucking hated the NME with a passion. A valuable paper up until the early '90s, but it's spent over twenty years since being a self-indulgent, fashion-based scoff-fest written by cunts.

There are some of his issues archived on Provider Module though:-

[1997] - Material World
    [1998] - "I'm Having A Hard Time Fitting In"
    [1999] - Manson Family Values
    [2000] - Maz's Arresting Comments
    [2000] - 'It's Time For Chaos!'
    [2006] - Marilyn Manson Begins Work On New Album

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    To my knowledge he's had six full NME covers, and the Student Guide in 1997. Strangely, the cover artist for the issue the Student Guide came with was... Mansun.

I never really collected them, because I've always fucking hated the NME with a passion. A valuable paper up until the early '90s, but it's spent over twenty years since being a self-indulgent, fashion-based scoff-fest written by cunts.
    The NME was always an elitist publication (well, post the Julie Burchill/Tony Parsons days) arbitrarily championing mediocre bands and deliberately misrepresenting and sidelining others who wouldn't participate in mutual arse licking. Melody Maker always had a more authentic fervour to it, like a fanzine that had somehow managed to wrangle publication globally. Until Taylor Parkes and Simon Price decided to force feed "New Romo" down everybody's throats til they were spewing up glitter hair balls. Ahh, those were the days. I loved a bit of Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post

There are some of his issues archived on Provider Module though:-

[1997] - Material World
    [1998] - "I'm Having A Hard Time Fitting In"
    [1999] - Manson Family Values
    [2000] - Maz's Arresting Comments
    [2000] - 'It's Time For Chaos!'
    [2006] - Marilyn Manson Begins Work On New Album

And of course the one from a few months ago, unless you're not counting that because it's a free issue and/or had the advert wrapper round the issue.

Is "championing mediocre bands" what passes for "elitist" these days?

Idk, it always kinda seemed like a pulpy, shitty, rag to me but it definitely published and sponsored some cool shit back in the day.

But still, c'mon. It's a weekly toss-off that's almost literally published on tissue paper, lol.

Or was. Good on them for moving on.

I was referring to an elitist, fraternity, clique culture within the publication itself rather than the calibre of bands they chose to promote, bands who conformed to the images/ideologies that certain journalists there fostered, not oxymoroically suggesting they were creating an elitist coterie of mediocrity.

But yes, you're right, it's good they're moving on, hope it inspires better journalism.

Hard to choose. But:

And I always liked the monkey.

Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

ENNAME + NME
    XD XD XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Before I scrolled and saw Hairspray Queen, I had a brief moment of 'is he calling me an "elitist... arbitrarily championing mediocre bands and deliberately misrepresenting and sidelining others" or a "self-indulgent, fashion-based scoff-fest written by cunts"?'.

...but, nevermind!

;P

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.