Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson releases new music video for Tattooed In Reverse!

Well, that was something I enjoyed! The best song and video from HUD!

(Lisa Marie Presley?!? I don't like her one bit, she's a fuckin' weird scientologist!!!)

That was amazing!! the vids have been great for Heaven Upside Down but this was def the best.

As an aside, I've heard this song repeatedly on Sirius radio.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Well, that was something I enjoyed! The best song and video from HUD!

(Lisa Marie Presley?!? I don't like her one bit, she's a fuckin' weird scientologist!!!)
    The plot thickens.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Marilyn Manson and Lisa Marie Presley have been friends for over twenty years. He has numerous close acquaintances whose social or religious beliefs don't necessarily mirror his own, presumably because he values people for who they are.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

I know a lot about scientology and I know for sure that they killed some of their members!!! Scientology is not a religion, it's a sick cult and their members, especially Tom Cruise, are mad as hell, they even believe in aliens! and in something they call 'auditing', where they get electro shocks to train their brain. I mean c'mon these people are nuts! And I don't have to like her just because she and MM are friends.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Marilyn Manson and Lisa Marie Presley have been friends for over twenty years. He has numerous close acquaintances whose social or religious beliefs don't necessarily mirror his own, presumably because he values people for who they are.
    I know a lot about scientology and I know for sure that they killed some of their members!!! Scientology is not a religion, it's a sick cult and their members, especially Tom Cruise, are mad as hell, they even believe in aliens! and in something they call 'auditing', where they get electro shocks to train their brain. I mean c'mon these people are nuts! And I don't have to like her just because she and MM are friends.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Spoiler alert: religious and spiritual beliefs account for a significant part of who people are in even normal cases. In the case of Scientology, a cult known for its incredibly aggressive, rigid, and dehumanizing participation structure, those beliefs frequently make up the majority of who these people are. The idea that a person's religious beliefs shouldn't factor into deciding whether to maintain a friendship is... stupid. Where do you draw the line? "Oh my good friend Gerry is just the coolest guy. He's a bit of a white supremacist, but hey, I'm open and accepting of beliefs that don't necessarily mirror my own!"

So it's perfectly valid to factor in 'who a person is' (i.e. their beliefs and opinions) when sparking up a personal relationship. That is to say it's perfectly valid to decline building a relationship if you take issue with one of their deeply held beliefs. So don't be silly with this implication that for whatever reason religious beliefs should be set aside when assessing somebody's friendability.

P.S. the marilynmanson.pm site in your signature also has a Bitcoin miner script running on it currently.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

I guess I'll go to youtube for actual conversation about the video.

The video is just ok, I don't love it I don't hate it, it has some interesting things, but that things basically are a copy from American horror story cult promos.
    Anyway, it's just a regular video.

Reminds me of the GAOG music videos, which is a great thing.