Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson releases new music video for Tattooed In Reverse!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    LOL WHY IS NO ONE
    TALKING ABOUT THE TYPO

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...08&oe=5B462920
    Quote Originally Posted by Para-Noir View Post
    So.. Are these movies any good?

I love the video but Manson giving the finger all the time in music videos is so premature and frankly getting embarrasing
    It really isn't embarassing at all. You might want to look ask yourself if YOU find that so terrible.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    It really isn't embarassing at all. You might want to look ask yourself if YOU find that so terrible.
    I would have to agree with the “premature” remark. Like when he did it over and over and over and over and over again in the video for Third Day of A Seven Day Binge. It’s as if he thinks that’s supposed to still shock people. Just makes me cringe.

Just my opinion.

I don’t care about all this conspiracy American horror story theory, the more I watch this video, the more I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    I would have to agree with the “premature” remark. Like when he did it over and over and over and over and over again in the video for Third Day of A Seven Day Binge. It’s as if he thinks that’s supposed to still shock people. Just makes me cringe.

Just my opinion.
    Pretty sure he just likes giving the middle finger, and is not out to 'shock people.' Not enough middle fingers and all that. He has been saying for decades there is no point trying (see the long arse interview done for the SWIM podcast) to shock anyone, especially now. If they are shocked then that is great, but he is mostly shit stirring for amusement.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Master Procrastinator 33 Bullsik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Marilyn Manson and Lisa Marie Presley have been friends for over twenty years. He has numerous close acquaintances whose social or religious beliefs don't necessarily mirror his own, presumably because he values people for who they are.
    Yeah, I recall she was one of the guests at Manson&Dita's wedding (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Also, I remember seeing Giovanni Ribisi at Manson's Celebritarian Corporation gallery opening in L.A. around 2006-2007. Is he still a scientologist?

Older fans may also remember that Manson registered a trademark for "Celebritarian" (hence TM sign in the Holy Wood booklet in "The Fall of Adam" lyrics section). I remember seeing some online documents that explained the word was registered to be used for numerous things. The weirdest among them was the use or production of "psychology" electronic devices, which is of course something that was used by scientologists at the time. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong (it was almost 15 years ago).

Many people were surprised seeing Courtney Love in a video, too. Remember how he toured with Hole in 1999? Remember how he loved to talk shit about Courtney in every interview? There was even some news that both bands signed an agreement which said their tour expenses are being divided evenly between them. Manson, of course, destroyed several backstage lobbys, hotel rooms or whatever and Courtney had to pay for this.

Years go by, people forgive each other. That's life. But let's put some facts together:

-TIR video uses "AHS: Cult" visual theme
    -Lisa Marie Presley is clearly against scientology now but she acts against them carefully, in a quiet (but smart) way. I see her part in a video as some kind of a threat to David Miscavige, like she's saying: "I'm on your heels, you twat"
    -There are numerous reports that scientologists have their own concentration camp and it is called THE HOLE
    -Hello Courtney!

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Yeah I think that’s pretty much right Bulls.
    But wasn’t there some discussion from Manson about some organisation stopping him from releasing Holy Wood or he found some documents but was stopped?

I’m at work so can’t go digging, but I remember fans discussing MM vs this organisation and fans thinking it was possibly scientology.

Master Procrastinator 33 Bullsik's Avatar

You're right, I did some digging for you. Here's an excerpt from Manson's online Oracle in 2003:

From theshape on 03/12/03:

HOLY GROTESQUE: The origins of the songs of The Golden Age of Grotesque, or a few holywood questions still left unanswered that the fans deserve to know. Before Holywood came out you stated a few things relating to it. 1) That the book would be out soon (are you finished with it, is it only a concept of the past never fully activated like the movie that was to accompanie the book and album. 2) You said one of your influences for the album was your "association" with the spiritual organization the O.T.O. Are you still "associated" with it, if so in what way, or is it none of our business because it is your own personal spiritual path, not to be worried about with or by fans. (...)

Answered by MM on 03/13/03:

1) The book has been written for over 3 years, but the censorship of certain ideas, ideals and opinions has kept me from releasing it to the public. I'm sorry I can't say more, but there is a religious objection to its release because the story's inspiration was not only my own life (the three albums included) but also some "private" documents I discovered. This is a deep and dark road, and I haven't found the off-ramp. 2) No comment. (...)
    Also:

Answered by MM on 03/15/03:

I will let the book be read when I want. I really thank you for the interest but it is not as simple as it seems. I would release it on the internet if I felt censored. I don't care about "selling" it. The same goes for my album. Whatever you are forbidden to see or hear in "record stores," I will show you in the Grotesk Burlesk or here in the ether. The book is something I am proud of in one way---but it is also a wound I want to heal.
    I'm also sure he said in some interview that he had direct censorship problem from New Line Cinema as they wanted to put some changes in his script for a "Holy Wood" film (directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky). So it may be scientology, it may be NLC or scientologists at NLC. Thiss must be solvved.

PS. There was some magazine interview from around 2001 where they published a photo of a Church of Scientology right next to Manson. Unfortunately I don't know what the caption was. Anyone knows?
    Last edited by Bullsik; 03-27-2018 at 12:21 AM.

The video has over one million views so far and is in YouTube's trending videos, not very high up but still it's there.

Has someone shot and replaced Manson's marketing team?

I understood the other videos doing well given the presence of Johnny Depp, and IKWYFL was the first video on a new album, but I expected much lower numbers on the fourth video from an album. Maybe Courtney Love brings in views as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    The video has over one million views so far and is in YouTube's trending videos, not very high up but still it's there.

Has someone shot and replaced Manson's marketing team?

I understood the other videos doing well given the presence of Johnny Depp, and IKWYFL was the first video on a new album, but I expected much lower numbers on the fourth video from an album. Maybe Courtney Love brings in views as well.
    I think that it's not about Johnny or Courtney,those are just good,quality videos.As for the WKWYFL video i don't like it ,it's not good and the views on YT are proof .
    Last edited by Mephisto; 03-28-2018 at 02:39 AM.
    Chillin' Killin'

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Despite Manson's public profile having been strengthened since The Pale Emperor, Internet audiences are still fickle. WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE had a good viral media campaign for established fans, or people anticipating Heaven Upside Down, but it's been the touring, increased media/interviews, and strangely, some negative press propelling the album since. More people are watching KILL4ME and Tattooed In Reverse because more people are reading about Manson on the Internet.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...