Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson releases new music video for Tattooed In Reverse!

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    I think that it's not about Johnny or Courtney,those are just good,quality videos.As for the WKWYFL video i don't like it ,it's not good and the views on YT are proof .
    I would add not even about quality of those videos, but rather songs itself. It is easy to proove: just check good songs with bad videos (Deep Six: 21 Mi. views / 3 y) and 'not so good' songs with good videos (Slo-mo-tion: 5,4 Mi / 6 y; No Reflection 9,6 Mi. / 6 y).

It is rather SONG for WKWYFL itself that is responsible for those low views. They even dropped it from the live playlist.

After seeing TIR I think this should have been the first single and first HUD video. WKWYFL would do good hidden somewhere in the middle of the second half of the album.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

That's an interesting way of looking at it, but wildly subjective, no? I much prefer WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE as a song to Tattooed In Reverse, although both are strong singles.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Hell no. WKWYFL is one of my favourite from HUD, they choose it for first single cause it's really heavy, first singles are always some heavier songs. TIR sounds popy.
    Chillin' Killin'

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

I actually really liked this video. Wasn't too keen on the videos starting with "No Reflection" until this one. But I'm glad Manson is finally expressing the inner crazy black woman he's always had inside of him.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

7. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

He's a strong independent black woman and he don't need no man!
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

9. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

These black women comments are certainly very interesting...

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    These black women comments are certainly very interesting...
    I was going to make some Courtney Love comments, but I think those would be disgusting, inappropriate and certainly more offensive. Which would you prefer? Look, mate. This video, much like most of them are about being a fun loving asshole. A highly creative, intelligent, morbidly fascinating as well as disturbing to evangelicals/goody two shoes one and for the purpose of unnerving even himself. Nothing wrong with that. The best cure for fear and/or just feeling uncomfortable is laughter. It's a great music video. At least she didn't have a hit taken out on him in it. At least there was no heroin use. I think it's the best video since Running to the Edge of the World with a 19 year old girl. Actually, my favorite part of that video was whenever he was beating the shit of that girl and not because I approve of violence towards women. Because, well, love fucking hurts and also in situations like that, sometimes you have to question who is really causing the pain. Who is really the bully? Who really wants to ruin things? In RTTEOTW we only saw the final result. He lost his mind on someone who destroyed him long before he wrecked her face up. Which is worse? Back to this video, I like the operating room scenes as they remind me of older Manson music videos. The only thing missing was him holding a semi automatic in a wheelchair and shooting random people. Symbolically, of course. He's drowned women before in music videos, so I wouldn't see that as crossing any lines. If you think about it, if he were to have done that in this videos one could surmise that he was actually attempting to wake up the dead and not put the living to sleep. "Wake up.".

*Edit - I think I know where you are coming from. You live in the UK where a man could face imprisonment for teaching his dog to tell Nazi jokes as you're slowly having your freedom of speech abolished. So, it's a good thing that Manson isn't a UK artist or he wouldn't have gotten this far. But anyway, Tattooed in Reverse isn't my favorite song off of Heaven Upside Down, but it's my favorite music video since THEOL era.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 03-31-2018 at 03:32 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

13. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    I was going to make some Courtney Love comments, but I think those would be disgusting, inappropriate and certainly more offensive. Which would you prefer? Look, mate. This video, much like most of them are about being a fun loving asshole. A highly creative, intelligent, morbidly fascinating as well as disturbing to evangelicals/goody two shoes one and for the purpose of unnerving even himself. Nothing wrong with that. The best cure for fear and/or just feeling uncomfortable is laughter. It's a great music video. At least she didn't have a hit taken out on him in it. At least there was no heroin use. I think it's the best video since Running to the Edge of the World with a 19 year old girl. Actually, my favorite part of that video was whenever he was beating the shit of that girl and not because I approve of violence towards women. Because, well, love fucking hurts and also in situations like that, sometimes you have to question who is really causing the pain. Who is really the bully? Who really wants to ruin things? In RTTEOTW we only saw the final result. He lost his mind on someone who destroyed him long before he wrecked her face up. Which is worse? Back to this video, I like the operating room scenes as they remind me of older Manson music videos. The only thing missing was him holding a semi automatic in a wheelchair and shooting random people. Symbolically, of course. He's drowned women before in music videos, so I wouldn't see that as crossing any lines. If you think about it, if he were to have done that in this videos one could surmise that he was actually attempting to wake up the dead and not put the living to sleep. "Wake up.".

*Edit - I think I know where you are coming from. You live in the UK where a man could face imprisonment for teaching his dog to tell Nazi jokes as you're slowly having your freedom of speech abolished. So, it's a good thing that Manson isn't a UK artist or he wouldn't have gotten this far. But anyway, Tattooed in Reverse isn't my favorite song off of Heaven Upside Down, but it's my favorite music video since THEOL era.
    I only said they were interesting.

15. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Hell no. WKWYFL is one of my favourite from HUD, they choose it for first single cause it's really heavy, first singles are always some heavier songs. TIR sounds popy.
    Yes, the reason they most likely chose We Know Where You Fucking Live as the first single is because it’s the one that would most appeal to people, which is true. But Tattooed In Reverse, to me, is alot more interesting of a track. Lyrically, and instrumentally. But I’m a big fan of We Know Where You Fucking Live as well, I listen to it very often.
    Last edited by cataract777; 04-24-2018 at 11:11 PM.

17. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    I only said they were interesting.
    They are
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM