Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Currency of Time

Default Currency of Time

How do you spend your time? What do you do off provider module? Hobbies, careers, habits?
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    off provider module?

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

What do you do off provider module? Hobbies, careers, habits?
    The joy of modern type technology means that provider module can be with me wheresoever I choose to roam.

Putting that aside ... a ridiculous list.

1. Infiltrating the academic Library industry as a non-librarian.

Dry run for taking over the world. I feel this is progressing rapidly, now being in charge of all the librarians and temporarily the rare items. Mwahah. It appears I am sneaky.

2. Academic-ing without the crushing workload and expectations of the neo-liberal university

Perhaps less successful due to maintaining the crushing workload of my stealth infiltration. But the last two weeks has seen progress on three papers, and enlisting an old friend to help me with pitching a book proposal. Now if I can tie myself to a desk and sacrifice all other hobbies, I should make progress. Let the full hermitude commence.

3. Travel

Less of a hobby, more a means of survival and maintaining sanity. I devote most of my income to this in some way or other and always have (just now I can occasionally eat while travelling, lol), and I really need to get a move on going to some of the places on my list that are not my routine haunts.

4. Acquiring knowledge (a.k.a reading, music, film whatever)..

In those waking hours when I am not on PM or stealth-ing. So not enough. I look at how much there is to read that I haven't read, in all genres, and panic. This leads to me trying to read 15 items at a time in order to cover as much as possible, which is not remotely productive. So much knowledge, so little time. Then I realise I have ignored film again for five years, or the entirety of tele-visual world have run away and I have no idea. SHOVE IN MATERIAL UNTIL THE BRAIN COLLAPSES.

I like brain collapse. It staves off the boredom and stops me doing more study.

5. Desperately try to cram everything in (a habit)

This deserves two points. We won't even get started on language acquisition. I love learning French, and violently wrestle with maintaining Latin. Arabic is something amazing that I keep staring at, I would desperately love to learn Mandarin (because if Japanese is awesome, more characters can only make it better), Spanish would be useful, Czech and Russian are impossible but wonderous, Indonesia is musical, German necessary ... if only I had a memory.

Improving communication of all things abstract. Blog? Podcast? Youtube (AHAHAHAH NO). Ideas, ideas and no time to do anything with it all.

You see my dilemma.

6. Dinner host (new)

Move out on my own and everyone suddenly wants me to cook them dinner, sit on my balcony and drink my wine. I am going to need a planning register at this rate. Also, bring your own damn drinks.

7. Sleep

When in doubt ...
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    Move out on your own and everyone suddenly wants me to cook them dinner, sit on my balcony and let them drink my wine. Soiree?
    Dibs on bringing the flowers. Suck it @Aint

  
      

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    Dibs on bringing the flowers. Suck it @Aint
    If you are going to make Aint suck on flowers, then don't make them rhododendrons. Otherwise I will need to add 'hiding dead bodies' to my list, and you will be doing the clean-up.

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    If you are going to make Aint suck on flowers, then don't make them rhododendrons. Otherwise I will need to add 'hiding dead bodies' to my list, and you will be doing the clean-up.
    Nemoris Inferioris likes your post

Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Nemoris Inferioris likes your post
    Enname likes Nemoris Inferioris' post liking their post.

Golden Eel walks like an Egyptian.

  
      

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Contributing to the DMRF - No, I will not explain it. Do your own research.

DMT. Creating lucid dream logs in an invisible ink journal. Watching the pulse and vibrancy of the earth while at the same time being alarmed by how many people are on the precipice of collapsing along with the unsteady, ephemeral stairways to Heaven. I need a lasso, a trampoline and some extra oxygen masks for those in need of rescue. I'm an altruist now. I care again. I can love again.

I've been pitching hot ejaculate into alcoves and cooking up agape's for the restoration of the natural order as well as nourishing the spiritually famished.

Being an insular blue nebula for a while. This is necessary. This is necessary. Life feeds on life, feeds on life, feeds on life. This is temporary.

Listening to what The Metatron has to say. I have a lot of questions though. Some have been answered with a chuckle. Everything else for now is....classified. I have some follow up interviews and more information to submit.

Dictionaries.

A pathological obsession with puzzles, quizzes and pathways of the heart, mind, spirit and overlapping realities. The dimensions that we can't see but we know are there. Exploration. Understood?
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Time is the most valuable resource we have. And I waste a lot of mine.