Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is the forum so quiet lately?

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

"But I want the wooorld, I want the whole world..."

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    There is no practical way to compete with platforms so different t from us, so if a majority of people feel the forum is no longer of use, maybe we can turn out the lights?
    Yes, it's all Facebook's fault. After all, randomly locking a bunch of active threads on here mid-discussion and then leaving the site malware-raped for extended periods of time couldn't possibly have had anything to do with alienating the casual user base.

That said, there's a lot I've always liked about PM, especially compared to other Manson fan-sites, but I don't really have much time to be on message boards any more. It's a shame to see lots of forums that I used to frequent die. Places like PM are a far superior alternative to the shit and pissholes that are FB and Twitter, respectively.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingYourMomsOldMound View Post
    Yes, it's all Facebook's fault. After all, randomly locking a bunch of active threads on here mid-discussion and then leaving the site malware-raped for extended periods of time couldn't possibly have had anything to do with alienating the casual user base.

That said, there's a lot I've always liked about PM, especially compared to other Manson fan-sites, but I don't really have much time to be on message boards any more. It's a shame to see lots of forums that I used to frequent die. Places like PM are a far superior alternative to the shit and pissholes that are FB and Twitter, respectively.
    Man, I’m kind of sick of entitled attitude that’s stinking up here. The site wasn’t left infected, twice I attempted to fix it before finally making a server move and upgrade to fix something that has affected other websites. You think we enjoy that kind of exploit? Fuck off with that.
    As for locking threads, it happens so rarely and there’s always a reason.

As others have said, I much prefer a quiet forum than a buzzing place with poor content. Provider Module is a reliable source of information, a place for intelligent discussion and has a community of users who have known each other through this and (in the past) The 'Phant for over a decade. Not to mention the staff who have and keep putting so much work into this place. Work that they don't have to do but they have made part of their (I'm presuming) busy lives. For these reasons, I think it would be a real shame if this place was to shut down. I might not be around or as active as much as I'd like to but I do visit from time to time and if I need any specific info on a release, live content or news, this is my №1 go to place.

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Oh, you're right. Asking for a non-malware raped site without arbitrary thread locks is such bullshit entitlement.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

What thread are you even so upset about? Locks happen so seldom, I don’t know what has been closed recently that would be such a problem.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

cc: @Cringeon, @S.D., @Norsefire

What's the deal with all those banned (?) users in the active list?

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye