Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: [084]: JUL 11 2018 - DTE Energy Music Center - Detroit, MI

  1. #31
    Phenomie's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.28.16
    Posts: 17
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    i like when fans are subjective --__-- comparing Manson from ACS era and Manson now is just silly .
    exactly!!
    Nighttime is the right time.

  2. #32
    ktpupp's Avatar
    Join Date: 10.25.17
    Location: Detroit, MI
    Posts: 14
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    I reviewed the show if anyone wants to check it out:
    http://splice-magazine.com/manson-zo...-detroit/2018/

    We applied for but didn't get approved to get a media/photo pass, but since I was already going to be attending the show and managed to get good shots from the rail we decided to run it!




    It's like a stranger had a key, came inside my mind
    And moved all my things around

  3. #33
    Enname's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.04.16
    Location: Dis.
    Posts: 846
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktpupp View Post
    I reviewed the show if anyone wants to check it out:
    http://splice-magazine.com/manson-zo...-detroit/2018/

    We applied for but didn't get approved to get a media/photo pass, but since I was already going to be attending the show and managed to get good shots from the rail we decided to run it!
    Nice review (awww Manson) but holy crap, those are some amazingly pretty photographs! More of those should be appearing everywhere for both Manson and Zombie. You certainly should have at least got the photo pass!
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

  4. #34
    ktpupp's Avatar
    Join Date: 10.25.17
    Location: Detroit, MI
    Posts: 14
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    Nice review (awww Manson) but holy crap, those are some amazingly pretty photographs! More of those should be appearing everywhere for both Manson and Zombie. You certainly should have at least got the photo pass!
    Thanks! I feel like the review is heavily skewed toward Manson, but he's the artist I was more familiar with, and obviously more personally passionate about, so it was easier to write up his portion. Since we weren't answering to either artists' PR person, I don't feel too bad about it not being equal coverage for both.

    I was very surprised I was able to get such good photos with my phone! I can only imagine how awesome they would be if I had been able to bring my pro gear and shoot from in front of the barricade - just a few feet closer and without security guys in between.

    (And since I'm sure someone will ask, my phone is a Galaxy S8+ and I shot mostly using the camera's "Pro" mode, using 400ISO and adjusting the shutter speed on the fly as the lighting changed.)

    I got some more fun animated gifs, from the "burst shots" I took too... I'll get those uploaded somewhere and share them here in a bit!




    It's like a stranger had a key, came inside my mind
    And moved all my things around

  5. #35
    Enname's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.04.16
    Location: Dis.
    Posts: 846
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktpupp View Post
    Thanks! I feel like the review is heavily skewed toward Manson, but he's the artist I was more familiar with, and obviously more personally passionate about, so it was easier to write up his portion. Since we weren't answering to either artists' PR person, I don't feel too bad about it not being equal coverage for both.
    ....
    I got some more fun animated gifs, from the "burst shots" I took too... I'll get those uploaded somewhere and share them here in a bit!

    Love the first one, the one in his Satanic Turkey coat with his head tilted, and a couple of the others where he is yelling into the mic. You catch him at good angles to catch him on for once, rather than the often 'weird in motion' shots that he ends up. The two little gifs that were included in there were cute - I am somewhat amused to find that even without sound I know the Kill4Me wriggle he does.

    I can only imagine with actual photography gear and no audience, but for 'in action' shots, these are the best I've seen so far. And the lights in the ones with John5 and his guitar are awesome. You should put some on instagram and tag him in them - he'd probably repost.

    Oh well, luckily most here are pretty biased towards Manson, so... that is the way it goes. And it is only in the detail that the article is unbalanced, not in terms of 'and omg Zombie sucked becoz not Manson' or vice versa.

    So thanks!
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

  6. #36
    ktpupp's Avatar
    Join Date: 10.25.17
    Location: Detroit, MI
    Posts: 14
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    Love the first one, the one in his Satanic Turkey coat with his head tilted, and a couple of the others where he is yelling into the mic. You catch him at good angles to catch him on for once, rather than the often 'weird in motion' shots that he ends up. The two little gifs that were included in there were cute - I am somewhat amused to find that even without sound I know the Kill4Me wriggle he does.

    I can only imagine with actual photography gear and no audience, but for 'in action' shots, these are the best I've seen so far. And the lights in the ones with John5 and his guitar are awesome. You should put some on instagram and tag him in them - he'd probably repost.

    Oh well, luckily most here are pretty biased towards Manson, so... that is the way it goes. And it is only in the detail that the article is unbalanced, not in terms of 'and omg Zombie sucked becoz not Manson' or vice versa.

    So thanks!
    I think being a big fan helped me to get better shots. I know what fans like to see from him, the odd angles and strange ways he cocks his leg sometimes, those are things we know and expect from him. I'd guess that someone who isn't really "into" him would pass over those and pick the ones that look more "normal". Not me, I want the awkward contortions and freaky faces, those things say MM to more than anything else! And yes, his K4M dance is so hilariously obvious! One of my faves!

    I did post a few to IG, Manson liked my post (!!!) and Zombie shared my pic. So, yeah, bucket list items fulfilled.







    It's like a stranger had a key, came inside my mind
    And moved all my things around

  7. #37
    Enname's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.04.16
    Location: Dis.
    Posts: 846
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    @ktpupp Not blind. Let's see if I can rouse someone to add it...

    (Oops, wrong thread, but in reference to Columbus missing in the tour dates)

    Hmmm. I am not sure the ones that usually make it through look 'normal' at all. Or at least he looks very much abnormal in them with actual weird angles and all. Perhaps you simply are also more familiar with him in motion and so less likely to miss the good angles. I mean, standing still with his head cocked should not be hard to take.
    Last edited by Enname; Yesterday at 06:19 PM.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

  8. #38
    ktpupp's Avatar
    Join Date: 10.25.17
    Location: Detroit, MI
    Posts: 14
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    I did notice that he only allows the pit photogs to shoot during 1 song, instead of the industry standard first three. Might mean those guys have fewer shots to choose from and perhaps he is less of his animated self in the first song of the set? I took shots throughout the show, so I have hundreds to choose from!




    It's like a stranger had a key, came inside my mind
    And moved all my things around

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS