Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: FIFA WORLD CUP - RUSSIA 2018

Default FIFA WORLD CUP - RUSSIA 2018

I can't believe there isn't a thread for the Russia 2018 World Cup games!!!!!

Everything World Cup related will go here.

My bet for tomorrow: Russia 1-0 Saudi Arabia.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I'm not sure you're going to find many football fans on a Marilyn Manson fansite...

However, I did take part in a sweepstake for this, and drew Senegal. I would rather support an African team I know nothing about than my own country, so yes, GO SENEGAL!

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

MOW SAHLAD! LIVERPUUUUUULE!!!!!!!!!! No, fuck all that shit, man. GO CHELSEA! ...Or Arsenal. I used to live near Highbury. Sometimes the constant hum and vuvuzeula's tooting would get me all pumped up whenever I was drunk, hypersexual and looking to get into a donnybrook with some French homo or a Muslim just because I wanted to add to my international crime record, which I DO have one. Anyway, FLYING HIIIIGGGGGH, UP IN THE SKY! WE'LL KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH, FROM STAMFORD BRIDGE TO WEMBERLY, WE'LL KEEP THE BLUUUUUE FLAG FLYING HIGH! lol GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALALALALLALAL A!
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

The WC is always the same. More European teams make it in than anyone else, one of em wins; but if not a South American team wins. This WC so far looks to be following that trend. FIFA is based in Europe after all, its no wonder.

Senegal looks to be the best possible hope for anyone not from Europe or the Americas. But FIFA will find a way to send them out quickly. Also Australia shouldn't be in the Asian Conference. I don't see where they get that from.
    So many stars above our heads and yet we choose to starve. So many stones out there to turn and yet we choose to ignore. Thousands I wish to corrupt, their sons I seek to mislead. Damned forever be your dreams, I reject my destiny.

Like the first of sins there is no one to blame, the earth grew wet on the seventh day. And we sit down for a feast of hate, we eat each other in a twist of fate.

I know the world rankings aren't a perfect way of deciding who's best, but based on that - if you accept the world cup should be a tournament amongst the best in the world - there actually aren't enough European teams in the tournament and too many from all the other federations. More of the best teams happen to be from there than anywhere else.
    And I guess Australia's continent - Australasia - does at least have Asia in the name!

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

Then why call it the World Cup in that case? Just call it what it is: Euro II: Now with a few other challengers!!

To win the world cup you gotta have a rich country - and Europe has gotten FAT loaded from all of the invading and mining of other lands over at least the last millenium or so, gotta have the resources and freedom to play it (countries lorded over by another country or a dictator tend not to do well) unless its played by the people who have invaded, have decades of experience (invented in Europe) and a lot of countries have only recently [as in last 40-60 yrs] won independence, and of course have allies who know football (Europe is made up of a lot of small but interconnected countries who collectively have raped most of the rest of the world for centuries).

The World Cup is a small but important reminder about the state of the world.
    So many stars above our heads and yet we choose to starve. So many stones out there to turn and yet we choose to ignore. Thousands I wish to corrupt, their sons I seek to mislead. Damned forever be your dreams, I reject my destiny.

Like the first of sins there is no one to blame, the earth grew wet on the seventh day. And we sit down for a feast of hate, we eat each other in a twist of fate.