Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Vocal samples from multiple albums

Default Vocal samples from multiple albums

While listening to some Marilyn Manson songs, some vocal samples can be heard and those are not mentioned in the official lyrics and seem to require some audio analysis. I have a few samples here I would like to have transcriptions for:

* "A Place in the Dirt" (3:23++). A vocal sample processed multiple times: time stretch, pitch down and reverse. It sounds like a studio-recorded sample, but the voice does not sound like Manson. (UPDATE: I've just found a topic here: http://www.providermodule.com/forum/...he-Dirt-Sample )

* "The Death Song" (1:58-2:03). A pretty clean vocal sample here.
    * "The Death Song" (3:24++). Sounds like a snippet of "(You reign now) in heaven with Jesus our King" (but not "(You reigneth) in splendor with Jesus our King") from "Immaculate Mary - Lourdes Hymn"? I've seen "... with Jesus our King" in the lyrics only yet.

* "Just a Car Crash Away" (++0:10). Sounds pretty much like a vocal sample.

* "Mutilation Is the Most Sincere Form of Flattery" (++0:09). A vocal sample

* "You and Me and the Devil Makes 3" (3:33..3:38). A vocal sample that's probably repeated until 3:52.

* "EAT ME, DRINK ME". (3:27..3:43). A vocal sample over the "This is only a game" line.

* "WOW" (0:05..0:18). Sounds like a vocal sample prior to "Du küsst mich."

* "Tattooed in Reverse" (++0:13) Sounds like a radio-sample. (2:53..2:55) A sample spoken probably by Manson. (2:54..3:02) Sounds pretty much like "I know that (?)".

I saw the sub-forums, but I would like not to spawn a thread per a song and to have these vocal samples to be in one place. I'm also not really sure if all of those are really vocal samples.

Thanks.

P.S. I don't speak English well.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by scarshock View Post
    * "You and Me and the Devil Makes 3" (3:33..3:38). A vocal sample that's probably repeated until 3:52.
    It's Manson saying "Pants can always come off".

I know there's some sad moments on this record, but people do seem to overlook the smut on it as well. Dildos as percussion, hidden lyrics about getting your dick out, lyrics about ejaculate, it's a naughty album in places.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Don't forget about Tourniquet. Every time I listen to it, I hear more and more samples backmasked underneath the verses.

During Eat Me, Drink Me, there are more samples than that one hidden verse beneath the "This is only a game" part. I only hear them with the original version, but in the instrumental version, you can still hear the hidden verse clearly.

I have been trying to figure out the sample at the end of The Death Song for 2 years now. They play a extended/ full version of the sample at the beginning of Valentine's Day live. Still couldn't find it.

A Place In The Dirt sample has been puzzling me for a while. Someone needs to put this one under a audio software and figure out.

Also, there is a Sample in Slave Only Dreams to Be King, it says "You can't expect me to explain the lyrics, because I won't" And repeats.

You And Me And The Devil Makes 3, says "Pants can always come off... pants can always come off... Pussy... Pussy pussy pussy pussy...."
    B e c o m e • G r o w • D e s t r o y
    ApP

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Don't forget about Tourniquet. Every time I listen to it, I hear more and more samples backmasked underneath the verses.
    Interesting. I'm aware of two well-known backmaskings. Could you please provide an example? Just curious. :)

During Eat Me, Drink Me, there are more samples than that one hidden verse beneath the "This is only a game" part. I only hear them with the original version, but in the instrumental version, you can still hear the hidden verse clearly.
    Yes, you're right. I didn't put the rest to the post for whatever reason.

I have been trying to figure out the sample at the end of The Death Song for 2 years now. They play a extended/ full version of the sample at the beginning of Valentine's Day live. Still couldn't find it.
    I was trying to find the original stuff as well, but I'm not sure if it's possible now. The sample seems to originate from a studio record a sample from was probably reversed in the middle (if you mean the "Valentine's Day" live intro sample). I could find some similar recordings similar to that (children's choir, +"avE" not "Ave"), but I don't believe I could find the original now.

A Place In The Dirt sample has been puzzling me for a while. Someone needs to put this one under a audio software and figure out.
    I was trying to "restore" the clip in Audacity a while back, but now I'm not sure if the voice sample was reversed now. Too much distortion there.

Also, there is a Sample in Slave Only Dreams to Be King, it says "You can't expect me to explain the lyrics, because I won't" And repeats.
    Yes, thank you, I discovered this a few days ago too, and this is one I haven't heard while listening to the record.

----

I would even say that I'm looking for samples that are hard to recognize if not listening very carefully. "A Place in the Dirt" is a perfect example of such, since I listened to it probably 15 years, and later I realized there are some voices in the background. Let's go deeper. :)

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Don't forget the sample at the end of The Love Song (Album version). I believe it was of Marie Oswald talking about Lee Harvey Oswald, how he should suffer, etc. Also connects to the ThisAsValentinesDay.com back in the day, which had a photo of her, and would lead to the Chapter 10 of the HW novel.

I will provide time stamps for the Tourniquet samples in a moment.
    B e c o m e • G r o w • D e s t r o y
    ApP