Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Marilyn Manson + Rob Zombie Release HELTER SKELTER cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    I dislike this idea that's permeated for decades that there is somehow certain songs and bands that are 'sacred,' and off limits for whatever arbitrary reason.
    ^^^^

Like.

If someone is that precious about an original, then don't go out and listen to covers.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    I can't stand that Manson even agreed to cover a song that has NO business being covered. The Beatles take on it was too perfect with its imperfections. I hated Motley Crue when they did it and now I hate these two for doing it.
    How was Siouxsie's version for you? It predates the other two by at least four and forty years respectively.

Does that also apply to all The Beatles' work? Besides the moral panic connecting it to Charlie's goons, Helter Skelter has never been one of the big Beatles tracks people get fussy over. In fact it's probably more lauded by the fuck ups, seeing as they seem to keep covering it.
    Should Manson be criticised for his appropriation of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, playing Come Together* live, or Lennon's Working Class Hero as well?

*[Cross-thread conversation happening now, but that in itself could have been the inspiration for ...Movies, maybe The Beatles weren't that well of a writers either]

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

It's not like they covered A Day In The Life, or something that actually is untouchable. Lol.
    B e c o m e G r o w D e s t r o y
    ApP

Honestly I don't think anything should be untouchable, that's how we keep those songs or stories alive. Humans have done this for thousands of years it's not ever going to stop.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    Honestly I don't think anything should be untouchable, that's how we keep those songs or stories alive. Humans have done this for thousands of years it's not ever going to stop.
    Well I was kind of joking when I said "Untouchable", but yeah everything should be open for reinterpretations.
    B e c o m e G r o w D e s t r o y
    ApP

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    How was Siouxsie's version for you? It predates the other two by at least four and forty years respectively.

Does that also apply to all The Beatles' work? Besides the moral panic connecting it to Charlie's goons, Helter Skelter has never been one of the big Beatles tracks people get fussy over. In fact it's probably more lauded by the fuck ups, seeing as they seem to keep covering it.
    Should Manson be criticised for his appropriation of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, playing Come Together* live, or Lennon's Working Class Hero as well?

*[Cross-thread conversation happening now, but that in itself could have been the inspiration for ...Movies, maybe The Beatles weren't that well of a writers either]
    Reread what you quoted and that's basically your answer. Helter Skelter is perfect on it's own. I feel the same with 1996 and can't stand that Hailstorm covered it.