Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marilyn Manson + Rob Zombie Release HELTER SKELTER cover!

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    I wonder if this'll be on the next Zombie album. I know they currently have infinite monkeys sitting at typewriters (hopped up on NyQuil, 70's exploitation movies, and whiffs of Sheri-Moon's panties) trying to come up with his next album title. So I'm hopeful.
    This was a one off track done specifically as a collab with Manson to promote this tour. It’s not from the Zombie album which features Josh Freese on drums where as this cover is Ginger.

The live performance of this song was great! I love seeing the happy interactions with John 5. They both looked to be enjoying themselves.

Manson also gave him a shout out during his set before New Shit. We could see John 5 standing in the wings watching and MM stared right at him and said "This is a little song I composed one time with my boy John 5" with a huge smile on his face.

It's like a stranger had a key, came inside my mind
    And moved all my things around

Quote Originally Posted by ktpupp View Post
    The live performance of this song was great!
    Completely agree! I cant wait to see it live!
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

I have yet to see the live version or the warming little moments mentioned earlier. I'm on endless flights so I'm saving it all.

All I can speak towards still is the studio recording. While I still love it, after the twenty-somethingth listen, I do wish that it weren't so obvious that Rob was 100% in charge of the mix. At many points the thing sounds like Rob and his band on a freight train with Manson carried behind on a little red wagon. Were it more of an even-handed collaborative effort, with equal attention paid to both vocal tracks, I believe it'd sound much more damnass wicked.

I can't stand that Manson even agreed to cover a song that has NO business being covered. The Beatles take on it was too perfect with its imperfections. I hated Motley Crue when they did it and now I hate these two for doing it. Ridiculous. And when will Rob stop with that irritating filter on vocals?

To not expect this to have ever happened is kind of silly. Just based on the subtext of the original song alone. Not saying you have to like it just saying I have no clue why you would be shocked to see this ever happen.

If I had to put on my nit-pick-hat I'd say this should have been covered during the Smells Like Children era but oh well beggars can't be choosers.
    Last edited by FuckmanQ; 07-14-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    I can't stand that Manson even agreed to cover a song that has NO business being covered. The Beatles take on it was too perfect with its imperfections. I hated Motley Crue when they did it and now I hate these two for doing it. Ridiculous.
    I heavily dislike this idea that's permeated for decades that there is somehow certain songs and bands that are 'sacred,' and off limits for whatever arbitrary reason. Practically everyone who's ever picked up a guitar starts off playing the songs they love. I'm all for bands and artists giving their take on a beloved classic, it's literally been going on since the birth of the music industry. Do remember that Manson's covered Sweet Dreams, One in a Million, Working Class Hero, Five to One, In the Ghetto, and a dozen other well known tunes. But this time around it's ~*The Beatles*~, oooo, can't touch them.

Nobody whatsoever is saying 'burn all your copies of the white album.' Nobody is saying this particular cover is better than the original. They literally just plopped it on the internet more or less for free. Good on them, it's a cool little cover. I promise you, The Beatles song isn't going to disappear. You're going to be fine.

^^^^^^^
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

I like both The Crue's cover and this better than the original.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."