Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "Why is it that...?" Thread

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenia View Post
    It is extremely aromatic...and with the proper amount of sweetener and flavoring, it can be delectable. However, maybe it only appears that way because caffeine is also one of the most addictive substances in US society. Well that and nicotine.
    Blood is also addictive. You have to keep about the same amount in your body at all times, or you could die. This applies to everyone and I DO mean everyone. You know? The body is dependent on it.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    Blood is also addictive. You have to keep about the same amount in your body at all times, or you could die. This applies to everyone and I DO mean everyone. You know? The body is dependent on it.
    Lol...good point. Although I believe there is a slight difference between dependence and addiction. And besides, I'd much prefer a warm cup of coffee in the morning...instead of blood. That is usually served with dinner.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Xenia View Post
    Lol...good point. Although I believe there is a slight difference between dependence and addiction. And besides, I'd much prefer a warm cup of coffee in the morning...instead of blood. That is usually served with dinner.
    The human body can only hold about 9 - 10 pints of blood during ones lifespan. Eventually you grow a tolerance to those levels and either need a transfusion to a stronger, different type, or require more blood, especially if you are prone to spilling some from time to time or even almost all at once. As for coffee, I prefer a dark roast with a bitter almond flavored creamer to watch swirl around as I listen to songs to wake up to as I think about chaos and how to make new friends in the event I believe I'm about to die. Even though that doesn't happen very often, it's always important to be vigilant when faced with oblivion that does exist somewhere, at any place, at anytime, without your permission or even awareness before or after either you find it or it finds you.

Why is it that people not more vigilant about vigilantism? Animals are always on alert, why aren't we?

Why is it that black Americans complain about not being able to gain employment now, in 2018 for Christ's sake, when in fact black Africans were the first people to find work here in what is now the United States as part of the slavery to work program, also known as more slavery? It was fucked up then and it's fucked up now to think that blacks would aspire to reenter the working world to meet the satisfaction of the white devil once again. With that said, I think that black Americans should focus more on planned parenthood instead of reentering the workforce that would only be a daily reminder of the oppression their ancestors suffered under. It would create more generational gaps to separate from their ancestors who were kidnapped and abused and the blacks who don't want to be identified as or grouped in with their descendants pain and suffering. One way to avoid becoming a victim of racism is to not identify with those who are victims of racism. Fact. On a random note, anyone can be black in a PVC leather gimp suit

Why is it that farmers crucify scarecrows? It's not as though these people made of straw sit around in barns and plan mutinies against crop or the owners of the farm.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    Why is it that black Americans complain about not being able to gain employment now, in 2018 for Christ's sake, when in fact black Africans were the first people to find work here in what is now the United States as part of the slavery to work program, also known as more slavery? It was fucked up then and it's fucked up now to think that blacks would aspire to reenter the working world to meet the satisfaction of the white devil once again. With that said, I think that black Americans should focus more on planned parenthood instead of reentering the workforce that would only be a daily reminder of the oppression their ancestors suffered under. It would create more generational gaps to separate from their ancestors who were kidnapped and abused and the blacks who don't want to be identified as or grouped in with their descendants pain and suffering. One way to avoid becoming a victim of racism is to not identify with those who are victims of racism. Fact. On a random note, anyone can be black in a PVC leather gimp suit
    I think you might want to try finding your mute button and stop attempting to think. I for one would appreciate less bile being spewed forth in the guise of ... whatever that was.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    I think you might want to try finding your mute button and stop attempting to think. I for one would appreciate less bile being spewed forth in the guise of ... whatever that was.
    The ability to laugh at racism. It's culturally the best weapon against it.

You're a person I find extremely principled, but if you take things too seriously, life ceases to be funny, especially a life that for most, for some more than others, can be painful beyond fuck all, plagued by inequity, exhausting. as well as paralyzingly confusing.

Humor, whether it being making fun of stereotypes, disabilities, death, sexuality, everything horrible, stupid, loathsome, nasty and that is wrong with world really, is the best way to deal with and get past bad things. You can say something offensive while finding the actual mentality of being, for example a racist reprehensible.

Not implicating you, but there's a self centerdness and a self importance that comes with "What I feel is appropriate is appropriate and what you feel is appropriate is not.".
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 09-09-2018 at 01:58 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Why children conceived in vehicles aren't referred to as "Happy Car Accidents".

Why people think bulldozers are cool. What's so cool about a bull falling asleep?

Why people my age don't talk more about cold war drills in elementary school, active shooter drills in high school, how George W.Bush literally was the devil who at the same time, I think, also worshiped Satan, and how now people now all of the sudden are in crisis mode ....

Why people are afraid of persecution

Why people continue to live in area's that flood frequently, where natural disasters happen yearly, and why they continue to rebuild in those same locations. "The wise man built his house upon the rock. The foolish man built his house upon the sand.".

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM