Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [098]: Aug 04 2018 - Express Live - Columbus, Ohio

I agree the crowd was pretty physical, but to me it felt more like a having fun/rowdy kind of physical and not an angry one or at least not as bad as the Grand Rapids show in Feb. There I heard several people actually say they came just so they would have an excuse to fight/beat on people. I mean, I expect the pushing, shoving, crowd-surfing, but not violence.

I was smashed into the rail the whole time, and just kept getting worse with people trying to force their way forward when there was clearly no more room, at several points it felt like someone was climbing up my hair Rapunzel style!

Security was good about getting the crowdsurfers out and if you kept an eye on the guards you could tell when there was incoming behind you, but you're right there were a lot of folks who seemed to be intentionally flailing their feet which made for a lot of (literal) headaches. I missed a bit of the show as well, just trying to keep my head safe. Were you guys front and center? I wonder if we were rail buddies??

Overall though, I had a great time and loved how into the show Manson was - he seemed happy and loving his work!

Link to some pics I took: https://imgur.com/a/uh1P6gp

It's like a stranger had a key, came inside my mind
    And moved all my things around

Cruci-fiction! Always nice to see that one pop up again.

Sorry to hear about the crowd though, it sounds rough. Although admittedly I don't really mind crowd surfers (or how many they are) as long as my hands are free enough to defend my face. Still better in my book than an audience who is dead and not moving. Sorry you got so many bruises though.

climbing up my hair Rapunzel style
    lol @ktpupp, with a side of ouch.

I once scaled a biker's back once to get a better view over his 6'6" frame, so I know the desire for leverage. Although you don't seem that tall and were on the rail, so ... ouch!
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by ktpupp View Post
    I agree the crowd was pretty physical, but to me it felt more like a having fun/rowdy kind of physical and not an angry one or at least not as bad as the Grand Rapids show in Feb. There I heard several people actually say they came just so they would have an excuse to fight/beat on people. I mean, I expect the pushing, shoving, crowd-surfing, but not violence.

I was smashed into the rail the whole time, and just kept getting worse with people trying to force their way forward when there was clearly no more room, at several points it felt like someone was climbing up my hair Rapunzel style!

Security was good about getting the crowdsurfers out and if you kept an eye on the guards you could tell when there was incoming behind you, but you're right there were a lot of folks who seemed to be intentionally flailing their feet which made for a lot of (literal) headaches. I missed a bit of the show as well, just trying to keep my head safe. Were you guys front and center? I wonder if we were rail buddies??

Overall though, I had a great time and loved how into the show Manson was - he seemed happy and loving his work!

Link to some pics I took: https://imgur.com/a/uh1P6gp
    Hi! So my boyfriend and I were just slightly right of center at the start of the show, but when the infamous "push" came, we got shoved a little further right, pretty much in front of Juan. Where we were, people were more in the mood that you described for Grand Rapids: just there to have a good excuse to fight and beat up people. I 100% love a great friendly mosh where it's physical and energized, but normally people pick each other up when they fall. Where I was at, some people were only there to get violent. I am a believer that even though concerts can be violent and bruises and gashes are to be expected, there is a certain "concert etiquette" where the crowd works more as a group than a bunch of people against each other. Like the whole I just knocked you down, but I will risk getting trampled to pick you up kind of thing. I still had a great time, but I could have done without the hatefulness around me. I don't want it to seem like I am some weenie who can't stand her ground in a pit lol. I hold my own pretty well in the pit. But some things just piss me off. These kids behind me were so excited for their first Manson show, but the one girl was crying by the end of the show because she got hurt. That shit makes me sad because some careless people made her first Manson experience less enjoyable.

But anyway, I think we actually met! You were in the VIP line and I was the blonde girl with pigtail braids and the"KILL GOD" shirt in the regular line to the right of you. We talked just a little bit about what time VIP started, and how they kept moving the time. It was nice to meet you, and it's also nice to see you on here! Glad you had fun! I totally agree that Manson seemed super into this show and it was a great one.

Crowd Surfers > Cell Phones

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TH15x15xMYxOMeGA View Post
    I have never had good luck with crowds in Columbus. I was Manson at Rock on the Range there in '12. There were so many stupid people crowd surfing for that show that I barely had a chance to look up at the stage without getting kicked by a leg. But I understand that that is a festival with a bunch of young kids. More understandable, and occasional crowdsurfers are just a reality of being in the pit. That is okay with me. But this concert was hick city. So many hillbillies just came to the show from wherever to cause a problem. They did not understand the concept of the barrier and that a crowd of people can only be pushed so far. So many overweight people were crowdsurfing. I don't want to be rude, but I think people need to consider how hard it is for people to lift them if they are overweight. It's just reality. But not only were these people crowdsurfing nonstop, but they were purposely kicking at our heads for fun. They also would repeatedly crowdsurf. I could see going once, but I counted that one lady went at least 8 times. This is not my first Manson show. It was my 11th Manson show, and probably 10 out of the 11 I have been on the rail. I have been to plenty other concerts too. I understand that shit happens. But literally all the scum of the earth showed up to this concert just to cause trouble. I don't like to let shit like that keep me from enjoying the show, but when me and my boyfriend both got kicked/punched in the face and had people fall onto us, it really did keep my eyes from being on Manson the whole time. What a bummer! There were many nice people there too, but the hillbillies made it hard for us to all watch the show
    Yep. lol I was right there in the midst of it as well. It was fucking hell on Earth. I was getting kicked in the head, beer spilled on me, having to dodge things being thrown from the back, turning around and seeing waves of disgustingly obese, drunk fucking redneck assholes and cunts rolling towards the front in droves with a look of "I'm going to be crushed to death" and couldn't even enjoy the show. lol Also, dating back to 2007, I've always had something fucked up happen to me in Columbus at/for a Manson show and swore after that show that I'd never go back.

Anyway, glad the show was great at least!

*Edit - Just to note...Just during and after Manson's set, there were at least 12 people who had to be taken out by paramedics. People panicking trying to get out of the pit. A few girls crying as their boyfriends were trying to help them get to the seating area/concourse etc..
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 08-08-2018 at 03:58 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM