Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manson reaction videos to his songs.

Down, but not out.

^^Totally forgot about this dude, and even if he does't analyze or takes anything interesting or serious from it, it is funny to watch it react in a more raw, "corporal" way, so to speak.

T R A I T O R

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    Alex Hefner videos are the best, so far.
    Definitely. He is very open minded and usually is on point with interpreting Manson's lyrics and sense of sarcasm. Very refreshing. He also does a lot of Metal reactions.

Down, but not out.

^^Haha, it's actually funny to witness YouYouYou losing interest gradually!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Definitely. He is very open minded and usually is on point with interpreting Manson's lyrics and sense of sarcasm. Very refreshing. He also does a lot of Metal reactions.
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of his reactions to other bands. I loved how he totally misunderstood Cradle of Filth or how much he loves now Devildriver or Nightwish.

BTW, this dude was hilarious:

Down, but not out.

^^Totally forgot about this dude, and even if he does't analyze or takes anything interesting or serious from it, it is funny to watch it react in a more raw, "corporal" way, so to speak.
    I'm also sure that's what made me interested and curious to watch his reactions.

^^Haha, it's actually funny to witness YouYouYou losing interest gradually!!!
    At least he enjoyed Portrait of an American Family and Antichrist Superstar altogether, but I still see what you mean. What else made it up to me was that he was able to appreciate the faster and catchier songs from Mechanical Animals, and even more surprisingly, actually managed to enjoy The Golden Age of Grotesque more than Holy Wood, even in spite of deeming the lyrics lame, corny and cringe-worthy.

I also thought that he would've loved Holy Wood, but the slower songs just didn't do it for him.

What still surprised me even more was how the only Nine Inch Nails album YouYouYou!!! ever loved was Pretty Hate Machine. He even called it one of the best albums he's ever heard. However, The Downward Spiral was nothing but absolute garbage to him. I know, to each they're own, but that is the first time in my life that I have ever seen somebody dismiss The Downward Spiral as trash while giving Antichrist Superstar praise and adoration. This is also the first time I saw anybody compare Mechanical Animals to sounding like Korn. Granted, I could see that with some of the other albums, and how Marilyn Manson and Jonathan Davis sometimes sound alike, but I don't really see or hear that with Mechanical Animals that much, or ever at all. (Sidebar: It's kind of cool how Marilyn Manson also sometimes sounds like Ministry's Al Jourgensen, which made me thankful and pleasantly surprised when Stigamta was covered.) I'll admit certain similarities might exist here and there as they both emerged in 1994, but otherwise they're often very far removed from each other.

And seeing how he didn't like the slow songs from Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood, it certainly isn't any surprise to see that he wasn't feeling, nor moved by The Fragile in hindsight either.

If he doesn't like slower songs, you could only imagine how he'd be if he were to react to the likes of Tori Amos and Radiohead.

Anyway, to get this back to the Marilyn Manson reactions, it was nice to see his Marilyn Manson do much better than his Nine Inch Nails marathon, and knowing that he at least loved Portrait of an American Family and Antichrist Superstar the most, while at the very least also appreciating most of Mechanical Animals and still enjoying the overall sound The Golden Age of Grotesque had.

Even though Antichrist Superstar is still his ultimate favorite, and I can't say that I blame him either. Altogether, it seemed like a good 3 out of 5 albums from the looks of it, with The Golden Age of Grotesque just losing a bit for him not really liking the lyrics all the much, but with the sounds and overall beats and vibes still making up for it. But at the same time, and considering his opinions on Mechanical Animals being lighter, slower and more chill, I thought he would've at least ranked Holy Wood right under Antichrist Superstar or Portrait of an American Family.

If anything, Holy Wood was his biggest let-down out of them all, which I can somehow understand, not just because of the flow, but also due to it having 19 songs altogether, so I could see how it dragged on like The Fragile to him.

Speaking of which, he had a review of The Fragile, but seemed to have deleted it. He didn't hate it or anything, but he definitely called it forgettable... and when I look back at it, there's still no right way to put it. I hope he at least gives Broken, With Teeth and Year Zero a chance some day, or Not The Actual Events and/or Add Violence at the very least.

*I apparently still can't help but bring up Nine Inch Nails in a Marilyn Manson discussion sometimes, but YouYouYou!!!'s reactions hit close to home at the time while also surprising/contradicting my expectation, but yeah, to each they're own yet again.*

So, with those 5 albums out of the way being reacted to, I thought it would've ended up ranked as such.

1. Antichrist Superstar
    2. Holy Wood
    3. Portrait of an American Family
    4. Mechanical Animals
    5. The Golden Age of Grotesque

But instead, it was actually ranked like this.

1. Antichrist Superstar
    2. Portrait of an American Family
    3. Mechanical Animals
    4. The Golden Age of Grotesque
    5. Holy Wood
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-20-2019 at 09:53 AM.

I found this guy yesterday. He has done many rock bands' reactions, but just one song from each one. He chose "The Beautiful People" and, after watching the video, dissects the lyrics. Pretty solid points, he got it really quick. Pretty enjoyable video reaction.

P.S.: His reaction to NIN's "Closer" is also worth watching.

Last edited by Mexicanfiend; 01-28-2019 at 08:36 PM.

T R A I T O R

Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post

Screw this guy.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

"Black people react to [well known song]" is the most annoying fucking fad. Sick of all my YouTube searches being filled with that shit.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Evangelical Christians react to The Beautiful People. It doesn't go where you think it should. It's kind of long, but I love how they analyze the song. I really like this one.

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM