Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Someone like me....

Default Someone like me....

In "Threats of Romance," when Manson sings "someone like me can't make it last," is he referring to erectile dysfunction?

(Edit: In fact, is the entire album about dealing with ED?)

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Lol this is more funny than the Homosexuality theory in the chatbox.

No. Manson has always been proud of his sexual performance. Lol. That's half of a joke. But really.

Also, that line is obvious.

"Someone like me can't make it last..." means he is difficult to live with. Way back during THEOL era, in interviews he said he was someone very difficult to be in a relationship with. He can't help it. That album is evidence of that, and so is his failed relationships with Dita and Evan. But let's not go into that.

I think the first lines of the chorus sum up exactly what this line means...

"I like you Damaged, but I need something left. Something for me to wreck". It's inevitable for him to "wreck" his relationships, or even "Leave A Scar" on his lovers. Heance the reoccurring themes of Violence and Romance within his music.
    Smile, Because Nobody Cares About Your Tears
    The Conet Project