Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: I need suggestions about keyobard player stuffs!!!!

Default I need suggestions about keyobard player stuffs!!!!

First of all english is not my first lenguage so sorry if you find any spelling errors.
    So ok, i need a little help from fellow musicians here and anyone who knows about the subject. I'm starting a band (biggest influence is MM) and i have practically everything i need to start one (the guys willing to go to hell with me and the instruments) but for my musical proyect i needed a keyboard player too. Anyway, i have this guy willing to play keyboard for me but none of us don't know anything about keyboard (kind of Pogo stuff when he joined MM) so my question here is what keyboard you guys think i need to use and other stuff i need to do things like the samples or keyboard stuff like Pogo did on the Spooky Kids and Portrait of an American Family?
    Good is the thing that you favor, evil is your sour flavor
    I don't need your hate, I decide my fate
    You cannot sedate, all the things you hate

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The (s)CENTLESS View Post
    First of all english is not my first lenguage so sorry if you find any spelling errors.
    So ok, i need a little help from fellow musicians here and anyone who knows about the subject. I'm starting a band (biggest influence is MM) and i have practically everything i need to start one (the guys willing to go to hell with me and the instruments) but for my musical proyect i needed a keyboard player too. Anyway, i have this guy willing to play keyboard for me but none of us don't know anything about keyboard (kind of Pogo stuff when he joined MM) so my question here is what keyboard you guys think i need to use and other stuff i need to do things like the samples or keyboard stuff like Pogo did on the Spooky Kids and Portrait of an American Family?
    Start by watching this. The music begins @1:42

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

I will say i did enjoy that lol, but what i'm asking it's the technical stuff, like what keyboard it's better, do i need a synthesizer?, a sampler?, etc, those kind of stuff. Any tip would be helpful.

(TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The (s)CENTLESS View Post
    I will say i did enjoy that lol, but what i'm asking it's the technical stuff, like what keyboard it's better, do i need a synthesizer?, a sampler?, etc, those kind of stuff. Any tip would be helpful.
    Greetings :)
    Congratulations on putting together the band, first of all!
    Haha Shangs is funny, and i suspect we are always trying to one up each other here with hijink attitude. Forgive us, por favor.
    I will try to help, I collect a lot of gear, have a home studio, but I don't own a keyboard/synth.

We live in the greatest time for instruments, and learning new skills. It's an extraordinary fact! :)

Do you shop reverb.com? or maybe you're wanting to buy local, in your area.
    That website is still a great resource, they often feature articles with vintage, and affrordable classic gear.
    It's very often too that they contribute high quality articles about strange, and experimental genres.

I'm obsessed with electronic music and synths. I mainly record electric guitar, but i am not too interested in most of the "guitar players" of culture. Instead, i dig the dungeon synth, and harsh noise recording artist.
    Lots of forums have knowledge and advice, I would encourage you to just run a search out there asking for gear that is good used in industrial music.
    I know that with the technology of digital modeling, you can have polyphonic synths with lots of great tones for around $500 usd new.
    How many keys would you like tho? Used more for bass lines?
    I personally like the higher range of synths more, and the ability to go into chords/multiple keys at once :)

Update us please, and
    Cheers
    "Fake realities will create fake humans. Or, fake humans will generate fake realities and sell them to other humans, turning them, eventually, into forgeries of themself" -Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Two Faced Egg (23) View Post
    Greetings :)
    Congratulations on putting together the band, first of all!
    Haha Shangs is funny, and i suspect we are always trying to one up each other here with hijink attitude. Forgive us, por favor.
    I will try to help, I collect a lot of gear, have a home studio, but I don't own a keyboard/synth.

We live in the greatest time for instruments, and learning new skills. It's an extraordinary fact! :)

Do you shop reverb.com? or maybe you're wanting to buy local, in your area.
    That website is still a great resource, they often feature articles with vintage, and affrordable classic gear.
    It's very often too that they contribute high quality articles about strange, and experimental genres.

I'm obsessed with electronic music and synths. I mainly record electric guitar, but i am not too interested in most of the "guitar players" of culture. Instead, i dig the dungeon synth, and harsh noise recording artist.
    Lots of forums have knowledge and advice, I would encourage you to just run a search out there asking for gear that is good used in industrial music.
    I know that with the technology of digital modeling, you can have polyphonic synths with lots of great tones for around $500 usd new.
    How many keys would you like tho? Used more for bass lines?
    I personally like the higher range of synths more, and the ability to go into chords/multiple keys at once :)

Update us please, and
    Cheers
    Thanks for the answer.
    As i said i own a keyboard and i have one member willing to play it, but neither one of us or the guys on the band don't know anything of keyboards, and we would like to do crazy things like Pogo did on the Spooky Kids and Portrait, (we watch live footages etc), and i want to know what kind of stuffs we need to have and know to do and make those amazing sounds. It's very hard to get things here since i live in Cuba and putting a band together it's a big deal and having the instruments it's a bigger problem because of the disponibility, but i manage to bring a few friends and manage to buy the instruments together. Again thanks for your time and hope you guys can help me.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I would suggest not worrying too much about how other bands have done things. It's great if you're inspired by Marilyn Manson, and an interesting idea to start a band where someone has to learn an instrument, but I wouldn't fashion yourself after what someone else did.

Have a few beers with your friends, and spend an afternoon listening to your favourite records by a variety of bands. Then get together with all your gear, some original lyrics to mess around with, and jam it out for a few hours, see what you come up with.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

(TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    I would suggest not worrying too much about how other bands have done things. It's great if you're inspired by Marilyn Manson, and an interesting idea to start a band where someone has to learn an instrument, but I wouldn't fashion yourself after what someone else did.

Have a few beers with your friends, and spend an afternoon listening to your favourite records by a variety of bands. Then get together with all your gear, some original lyrics to mess around with, and jam it out for a few hours, see what you come up with.
    do that, or do what i do, drink cough syrup and listen to t.v. static
    #pareidolia
    "Fake realities will create fake humans. Or, fake humans will generate fake realities and sell them to other humans, turning them, eventually, into forgeries of themself" -Philip K. Dick

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Ah, the Golden Eel method.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

#pareidolia
    *Chuckle snort - Aha Ahaha

There was a point in life where, even though I didn't have anyone to jam with, my inspirations for lyric writing and guitar riffing were getting completely hammered and dancing around my studio apartment (a hotel room), with the AC cranked all the way up just to name two examples for right now. I had just two floor to ceiling window panes, not a front wall, and a door that I used to ejaculate onto whenever the fire alarm would go off instead of going outside. My key was a fucking electronic key card. The window panes were also very thin. The room was not soundproofed (none of them were) at all and noise really carried through the corridors as well as through the walls. I had a neighbor who only told me to turn my amp down once by leaving a note on my door. I knocked on his door to apologize. Get this. Creepy AF. He opens the door and he just has a bug zapper making zippety-zap noises and a blue overhead light on. He's wearing an oxygen mask, I think he was dying of cancer or something, then he only slightly took off his oxygen mask to tell me ...not to knock on his fucking door again and shut his door on me. I didn't.

Anyway, I used to be able to listen to my neighbors have sex quite a lot, and I'd either write during that or emulate their sex noises loudly like some sort of poetic goddamn Forest Gump vocally ("singing") or with my guitar to use a lot of palm mutes to simulate headboards slamming against the walls noises, and slow. ghost bend pinch harmonics to simulate some ugly bitches building up to high pitched squeals. Funny thing about that? They knew. They knew and they had the audacity to ME I was being a creep. Yeah, I'm the creep. Fuck off. You are having very loud sex in a complex where the sound travels very far and loudly, knowing that people know what you look like. Thanks for the mental image, losers. All I wanted to do was get drunk, decorate my walls with more crime scene pictures, stab random holes in things, shoot people with a water gun through a vent in my bathroom and try to explore as much creativity as I could. I couldn't even afford a damn cheeseburger someday's. So, I'd just panhandle for change so that I could chain smoke and get wasted.

I could go on and on, look, the point I'm trying to make is that a normal person such as myself can be inspired by the abnormal and unacceptable behaviors of others alone to make really great art/music.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 01-14-2019 at 03:48 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM