Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twiggy Ramirez

Default Twiggy Ramirez

Okay, I'm just going to say it I miss Twiggy. His contributions as a main song writer are missed, and his presence on stage is missed.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Twiggy Ramirez has been dead since 2002.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    Twiggy Ramirez has been dead since 2002.
    I mean, maybe, but this sort of post has been dead since like, 'Golden Eel Is In Your Extended Network'... ;)

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

I'm happy with the current lineup. Although I wish Tyler was still a part of the band.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I'm happy with the current lineup. Although I wish Tyler was still a part of the band.
    I second this. Twiggy contributed enough to MM, glad change came and gave us other songwriters to help craft Manson's message.

I’ve always believed that each lineup change was necessary in order to create the atmosphere of that era. Each member added an element in studio or in live setting. As a fan of the band I can’t help to feel a bit of sadness knowing that no core members are involved. When we lost Pogo he was replaced with someone who had history with the band. Twiggy was the last piece of the puzzle that created Marilyn Manson. Everyone knows how important of a role Twiggy played in the band. It hurt a lot more when he left the second time around due to the allegations and the fact of knowing Marilyn Manson had no other core members.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

I personally think he should have a stayed revolving musician from band to band. He was a better fit for Goon Moon, APC and NIN. I also think it would have been bad ass if he were to have won the audition to be Metallica's bassist. But the reason, I believe, that Twiggy and Manson split for years just prior to TGAOG is that Twiggy thought the concept for that album was stupid and got tired of the gimmick.

Then Manson fired "That Swedish Guy" to bring Twiggy back only to say after firing him that he didn't contribute much creatively since his return to the band in 2008. ...Even though Manson stated numerous times that Twiggy saved his career. Oh well.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/twi...arilyn-manson/
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Last edited by Lord MeowMeow; 01-27-2019 at 10:46 AM.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord MeowMeow View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if Jeordie ever decides to do anything music-related again. He's approaching 50, and at some point I suppose the desire to just chill and relax takes precedent. Personally, however, I hope the door to APC opens up once more for him. Supposedly him and Goss are writing new Goon Moon material though? If so, can't wait.. love GM.
    According to Chris Goss, "Goon Moon are recording next week." That was in 2011. When I asked him about it again, 5 years later in 2016, he said "We have trks in the can. No labels notified, both of us loathe the biz side." As far as I know, there's been no mention of the project since.

I think it's safe to say that Goon Moon is dead. Either because they realize the tracks aren't good enough to release or because they're too lazy to do anything about it.

Also, I'd say that unless Matt McJunkins and Jeff Friedl have any major success with their various projects, the APC lineup is pretty set in stone at this point. Josh Freese was a bigger part of APC than Jeordie ever was and even he was left in the dust on that front. (Which is something I believe he is not very happy about - he's drummed with approximately every band on earth and has said that APC was the only one he ever felt was really 'his' band.) And even if a bassist spot opened up, which is unlikely, I very much doubt Jeordie would be getting a call due to the circumstances of his public dismissal from Marilyn Manson.
    Last edited by Golden Eel; 01-27-2019 at 01:20 AM.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

I don't particularly miss Jeordie, he didn't contribute to at least the previous two albums and essentially became a touring musician in the end, that's not even taking into account the allegations Jessicka made.

He did become somewhat of a spare part in the band once Manson began working with Tyler Bates. Although I did always enjoy his work by the time it was decided that he would no longer be a part of the band it was basically like he wasn't already.