Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List Five Songs/Entire Albums written by our Tormented, Fatalist Anti-Hero that..

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Default List Five Songs/Entire Albums written by our Tormented, Fatalist Anti-Hero that..

MAKES OR HAS MADE YOU FEEL LIKE A REALLY HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING

(Not the typical expressions of them making you feel validated and as though he truly understands your internal primal screaming and stampeding for an exit from a burning school bus you've escaped from that is still trying to get you back aboard to go along for the ride.)

Five songs and/or entire albums written by Manson that have made you feel worse than those in a society who you otherwise feel more intelligent and evolved than because Manson is the voice of your generation and/or he is your own personal Jesus or something. List them and why. (Not blaming Manson, of course.).

And I do mean songs and/or albums that have literally put you in the state of mind if even only for a few minutes that has made you feel like the type of screwed up person who would phone up a suicide hotline just to traumatize a representative who is probably a survivor or who was close to someone who self terminated that they failed to save and that is the direct reason they went into that line of work. (Not that I've ever done this or wanted to.). But just feeling like the type of person who would want to make things up or gradually exaggerate a desire to no longer exist on a recorded line that is probably being monitored by a quality assurance assistant with a GED who jerks off more vigorously the harder the puking and sobbing continues, listening in some back room while scarfing down snickers bars and chugging code red to add some sick irony to his or her job. ...Either that or wanting to tase a woman in a Starbucks because that's something that Manson almost went through with....and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 02-10-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I am choosing to read between the lines of your post.

- The Fall Of Adam
    - Diamonds & Pollen
    - I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell
    - Children Of Cain
    - Odds Of Even

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

Ignoring the details of your post, because 'tl;dr;omfg no.' @Shangri-LIE: where is your list of five?

- Fundamentally Loathesome
    - Little Horn
    - King Kill 33
    - Pistol Whipped
    - Running to the Edge of the World

I don't feel like a horrible person. I feel the potential of it.
    Last edited by Enname; 02-10-2019 at 11:06 PM.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    Ignoring the details of your post, because 'tl;dr;omfg no.' @Shangri-LIE: where is your list of five?

- Fundamentally Loathesome
    - Little Horn
    - King Kill 33
    - Pistol Whipped
    - Running to the Edge of the World
    Was waiting for a couple replies. Also, c'mon. It's not that long. @Enname

Also, I asked to list why. In the morning I'll attempt to guess why you and S.D. selected those songs and then I'll list mine.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post

Also, I asked to list why. In the morning I'll attempt to guess why you and S.D. selected those songs and then I'll list mine.
    And yet it felt like it would take forever to read through any of the million busy words and meandering sentences. All I actually read was 'List...Five songs and/or entire albums written by Manson that have made you feel worse.' Perhaps make sure the 'and why' was somewhere in that part. Still probably won't answer, but I might obliquely address the question :)

Shangs always has a way with words.

And... I don't know any songs of his that made me feel like a horrible person. However, there are some that makes me feel sad. As I reflect on the songs and project my emotions into them.

In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death
    Unkillable Monster
    The Speed Of Pain
    Minute Of Decay
    Mechanical Animals

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryReject View Post
    And yet it felt like it would take forever to read through any of the million busy words and meandering sentences. All I actually read was 'List...Five songs and/or entire albums written by Manson that have made you feel worse.' Perhaps make sure the 'and why' was somewhere in that part. Still probably won't answer, but I might obliquely address the question :)
    @Enname

Austen, Dickens, Proust, and even Bill Shakespeare were serial repeat offenders of grammar and correct punctuation laws in addition to being guilty of tenebrous, blunderful rambling. You should know this as you give very protracted lectures and presentations about works of literature :P lol Stop being silly.

Here's my list:

"The Beautiful People" (Live and in person). I have a spastic disorder along with sensory processing issues. I also suffer from crippling agoraphobia and ouronaphobia. Ouranophobia is a "Fear of Heaven" or literally the sky/wide open spaces. So, whenever the set is nearing it's conclusion and I just want to dart through people for the exit as though I'm running.for.my.fucking.life. to escape what feels like a pitch black gravity room, I become the meanest, cagiest pit bully. I freak out like a cornered, wounded baby animal. I seriously want to go ape shit on random people who are probably really nice.

Holy Wood - Manson on occasion would say "Fuck college and retirement funds" before performing "The Fight Song" and boy did I ever listen to him. I didn't further my studies immediately after High School even though I had excellent marks and numerous scholarship offers. I could have easily jettisoned my friends out of a speeding car window on my way to the land of success. This album had me believing that I was "leik" literally a part of a revolution, man . It was the last era that I personally identified as a Manson fan.

"WOW" - Sometimes whenever I'm listening to someone speak, my internal dialogue that I eventually vocalize is pure dry ice sarcasm. I can be a patronizing, monotone in response mocker of all someone is saying or just is as a person. "Oh no. How unfortunate. That's really not fair at all. Excuse me while I contemplate a prison stint as you keep talking to me.". Once that I heard that song, it made me feel better about laughing at things people truly either a.) Actually care way too much about and/or 2.) Issues people think I should take much more interest in and seriously than I care to.

The Golden Age of Grotesque - I lived in an unincorporated, uneducated and strange little town full of paranoid semi-competent folks, you see? So, In 2003 I had this "brilliant" idea to join a fan forum full of weird degenerates in a sloppy orgy of psuedo-profundity to have fun with. I created this stupid character that has gotten older and more annoying faster than telling F.R.I.E.N.D.S jokes ever did. I was the king of the hillbilly party grounds. It was just me, nature, booze, wacky tobbaccy and a computer. Again, wasting more time in my life. Yeah. Good job, winner.

Lastly, one time I was having a conversation with Ginger Fish, highly intoxicated at 3 AM in a very small apartment where my computer station was a kitchen sink counter. I for some reason told him that I loved his drum work on Kinderfeld and The Reflecting God. We could have been friends.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 02-11-2019 at 06:21 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

@Enname

You should know this as you give very protracted lectures and presentations about works of literature :P lol Stop being silly.
    Never lectured on literature in my life, protracted or otherwise, sorry. :)

"The Beautiful People" (Live and in person).
    So.. how is this about the song? Explain!

The Golden Age of Grotesque - I lived in an unincorporated, uneducated and strange little town full of paranoid semi-competent folks, you see? So, In 2003 I had this "brilliant" idea to join a fan forum full of weird degenerates in a sloppy orgy of psuedo-profundity to have fun with. I created this stupid character that has gotten older and more annoying faster than telling F.R.I.E.N.D.S jokes ever did. I was the king of the hillbilly party grounds. It was just me, nature, booze, wacky tobbaccy and a computer. Again, wasting more time in my life. Yeah. Good job, winner.
    Hickville Weimar Berlin. Huh. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    Never lectured on literature in my life, protracted or otherwise, sorry. :)

So.. how is this about the song? Explain!

Hickville Weimar Berlin. Huh. Interesting.
    *Too tired to even multi-quote

Forgive my pleonasm. Presentations aside, you do often make unpalatable, patronizing remarks to people. However, I don't think you're aware of it whenever you do nor do I think is it intentional maligning. In addition to that, you can be quite prolix about even quotidian subjects, so don't launch attacks against my syntax, goober. Imagine yourself attempting to communicate as someone with a dysfunctional diencephalon/entire midbrain for that matter. Neural networks undergoing sustained misfiring while on heavy sedatives that also hijack and cause degeneration of nerve cells and then get back to me about how you imagined that might be like. I have to say this. I think you're a thoughtful, educated, good person. But holy fist fucking father of fucker it is almost impossible not to laugh as Erik Hartman did during a segment of "In De Gloria" at someones voice every time I imagine what yours sounds like whenever you either get het up or saucy.. Respecca mah dojo or something. Moving on. *Yes, I realize this is extremely disproportionate to what you had to say lol XD

As for "So...how is this about the song?". "The Beautiful People" is a song written by Marilyn Manson for his groundbreaking, stomp mosh, shock rock industrial album "Antichrist Superstar". The song never provoked any thought other than "the kids will love this shit" even though I was an early teenager whenever it was released, nor did it ever evoke any sort of emotion in me listening to it on my CD player. But hearing it live? Truly experiencing the live performance of the song? All I can say is... "Hey, you are you trying to be mean? If you live with apes man, it's hard to be clean.". Being an asshole just for the sake of it ...and also for the other reasons I mentioned. *Douchebag bicep flexing.

*Now list your own reasons for why the songs you've posted make or have made you feel like a really horrible human being.

*Adjusts glasses, *Sips water, *About to spark up a fag

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

*Too tired to even multi-quote

Forgive my pleonasm. Presentations aside, you do often make unpalatable, patronizing remarks to people. However, I don't think you're aware of it whenever you do nor do I think is it intentional maligning. In addition to that, you can be quite prolix about even quotidian subjects, so don't launch attacks against my syntax, goober. Imagine yourself attempting to communicate as someone with a dysfunctional diencephalon/entire midbrain for that matter. Neural networks undergoing sustained misfiring while on heavy sedatives that also hijack and cause degeneration of nerve cells and then get back to me about how you imagined that might be like. I have to say this. I think you're a thoughtful, educated, good person. But holy fist fucking father of fucker it is almost impossible not to laugh as Erik Hartman did during a segment of "In De Gloria" at someones voice every time I imagine what yours sounds like whenever you either get het up or saucy.. Respecca mah dojo or something. Moving on. *Yes, I realize this is extremely disproportionate to what you had to say lol XD

Thanks.

Please note I said 'on literature.'

As for "So...how is this about the song?". "The Beautiful People" is a song written by Marilyn Manson for his groundbreaking, stomp mosh, shock rock industrial album "Antichrist Superstar". The song never provoked any thought other than "the kids will love this shit" even though I was an early teenager whenever it was released, nor did it ever evoke any sort of emotion in me listening to it on my CD player. But hearing it live? Truly experiencing the live performance of the song? All I can say is... "Hey, you are you trying to be mean? If you live with apes man, it's hard to be clean.". Being an asshole just for the sake of it ...and also for the other reasons I mentioned. *Douchebag bicep flexing.

*Now list your own reasons for why the songs you've posted make or have made you feel like a really horrible human being.

*Adjusts glasses, *Sips water, *About to spark up a fag

Again, thanks. I couldn't see which element of the song you were referring to, is all.

And no, I will spare you and the world my unpalatable remarks. I am sure SD can oblige.