Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Announces New Album Is Almost Finished...

Manson will be really mad if he read this thread .
    Chillin' Killin'

Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar

Can't wait for B0rn V1ll4n no. 3 to drop in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Manson will be really mad if he read this thread .
    No CD for you.

The guitar on that live snippet seemed a bit boring , but they were working on it, so why not wait and see what they come up with. Looking forward to whatever they come up with. I will bet 50$ that Tyler Bates will not be invovled on his next record, but I do hope he shows up again in the future since he really did add a lot to Marilyn Manson in the past years both in the studio and onstage.

Like everybody else here I don't expect the album releasing this year, since he always takes his sweet time. It will arrive when it's ready. What I would greatly enjoy is if he premieres new songs on his rob zombie tour. Get the hype train runnin.

Manson seems to be doing this thing where he alternates between a bluesy/acoustic album and an eclectic/throwback record.

The High End Of Low emphasized swampy rock on tracks like "Four Rusted Horses" and "I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell", as well as softer acoustic tracks like "Running To The Edge Of The World". Born Villain was like a hodgepodge of his past work, with a bit of an old-school goth rock sound in places ("The Flowers Of Evil" or the title track).

The Pale Emperor also emphasized a swamp rock sound; Heaven Upside Down was another throwback album with gothic shading in places ("Saturnalia").

My guess is this album will be like THEOL/TPE in the sense that it will be heavily tilted towards swampy blues industrial.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo87 View Post
    I will bet 50$ that Tyler Bates will not be invovled on his next record, but I do hope he shows up again in the future since he really did add a lot to Marilyn Manson in the past years both in the studio and onstage.
    Tyler Bates is not involved. He has recorded and co-produced the new BUSH album.

"Vampire of the Hollywood Hills" Interview, January 2015, Rolling Stone :

"Then fellow musician Shooter Jennings ambles out of the shadows, and he and Manson start warbling about how they should write song together. Manson comes up with some pretty evocative lyrics on the spot: "I love you/Aren't I pretty/hold me/I am going to kill myself"
    "We will write the song tomorrow", he says. "
    "I am in" says Shooter.
    I am sure in last couple of years, there were more hints on what may come out of they collaboration. He said he is working on the "dead country album", but I am not sure if SJ was involved at that time..

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDoloresFrank View Post
    "Vampire of the Hollywood Hills" Interview, January 2015, Rolling Stone :

I am sure in last couple of years, there were more hints on what may come out of they collaboration. He said he is working on the "dead country album", but I am not sure if SJ was involved at that time..
    That Black Country album was with Johnathan Davis, which has evaporated in thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    That Black Country album was with Johnathan Davis, which has evaporated in thin air.
    This is interesting. If I am not wrong, we saw MM and J.Davis together on one photo recently, I think just few months ago, can't remember where exactly. Maybe he is involved too.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDoloresFrank View Post
    This is interesting. If I am not wrong, we saw MM and J.Davis together on one photo recently, I think just few months ago, can't remember where exactly. Maybe he is involved too.
    It was for MM's birthday party