Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Vs. Video

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Oh No Reflection by an astounding country mile. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the ...Cut You Down video, it's neat little slice of Gothic Americana, and a great conclusion, but No Reflection is one of Manson's most underrated videos from an album that still doesn't get the credit (I think) it deserves. He explored a theatrical, poetic side of his personality on that record, which I think was aspired to on ...Grotesque, embraced on EAT ME, DRINK ME, but not perfected until Born Villain. I'm aware that's an unpopular or peculiar take on his catalogue, but I'll stick by it. I should also note that I rate The High End Of Low above all three records I just referenced.

I digress.

Yeah, No Reflection's video easily. All the peripheral visuals for Born Villain were fantastic, which is curious considering how utterly low-key the album itself was. Maybe that was intentional, who knows.
    No Reflection is sumptuous, and although fleeting, you get a full-band panorama that harked back to The Dope Show, Disposable Teens, and Putting Holes In Happiness. Although the viewer can draw their own conclusions, it's hard to tell what the fuck's going on in the house Manson's sat in, and that's a pretty literal, uh, reflection of Born Villain itself from start-to-finish. The colour palette, cinematography, and editing are all engaging, I love it.

Anyway, gush over.

No Reflection vs. Apple Of Sodom
    The song Apple of Sodom is a million times better than No Reflection, but the video is lacking and sort of stagnate, so I choose No Reflection, for better video. I like the video for No Reflection a lot, save for the toilet ending. Apple of Sodom is one of my top Manson songs.

No Reflection vs. mOBSCENE

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by blue angel View Post
    No Reflection vs. mOBSCENE
    I'm sure plenty of people will think I'm bonkers, but I'm still sticking with No Reflection. mOBSCENE is brilliant and loads of fun, but even at the time it was exactly what I expected a Manson video attached to The Golden Age Of Grotesque to look like, whereas - again - given the relatively low-key environs of Born Villain, its' sumptuous music videos were a genuine and welcome surprise.

No Reflection vs. Putting Holes In Happiness

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...