Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Video Vs. Video

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Default Video Vs. Video

Exact same premise as the Song Vs. Song topic, no frills, but make your favourite videos* fight each other! You can post the videos from YouTube if you like, but I assume we all know them well enough to just put them in the pit.

First up:-

Third Day Of A Seven Day Binge vs. mOBSCENE

*To make things interesting, ALL video projects released by Marilyn Manson are included; so Autopsy, and yeah, even WOW are valid. Just not videos he was in, but weren't his songs. The exception is of course Long Hard Road Out Of Hell.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

I dig the look of the Third Day... video, but the mObscene video is one of his best by far. It totally showcased the aesthetic of the album, and the making of definitely shows the great amount of work and thought put into it.

mObscene vs. Heart-Shaped Glasses

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    mObscene vs. Heart-Shaped Glasses
    Hmm, you know I'm actually going to go for Heart-Shaped Glasses. I think a lot of The Golden Age Of Grotesque was intentionally meant to cross-pollenate, by which I mean Manson kept it reasonably simple after three albums of complex visuals across numerous mediums.

Heart-Shaped Glasses starts out quite deliberately pedestrian; club, sex, girls, blood, rock etc. - but after the 3:15 mark (ha!) you realise there's a morbid subtext that revels in gore and ultimately, death. The mOBSCENE video is great fun, but as he said himself, it's more of an exercise in him showcasing his visual influences for the album, which if you're a dedicated fan, was obviously expanded upon much more thoroughly during Doppelherz.

Anyway, I actually prefer the video I'm going to pit ...Glasses against so I'd be interested to see who takes this on:-

Heart-Shaped Glasses vs. Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Heart-Shaped Glasses vs. Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon
    I think the video for Arma...Geddon definitely shows the attitude, themes, and color scheme of the album very well, with the references of the apocalypse in American Suburbia. However, the Heart-Shaped Glasses video is definitely one of my favorites. It's very cinematic, and has little elements in the video that reference a lot of the songs on the album (If I was your vampire, just a car crash away, Are you the rabbit?, etc). It totally captures the Rockstar-Vampyr vibe Manson seemed to be going for. It's a perfect video that fits perfectly with the song.

Heart-Shaped Glasses vs. No Reflection

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Heart-Shaped Glasses vs. No Reflection
    Hmm, this is actually quite difficult. You know, I'm going with No Reflection. Born Villain's videos are sorely overlooked and underappreciated (so say I) and I think Manson gave fans what they'd been demanding in the form of concise, evocative short films with visceral content. No Reflection is lovely to watch, juxtaposing a band performance with a peculiar, violent, Americana sub-narrative.

Okay, let's see where this goes:-

No Reflection vs. Apple Of Sodom

No Reflection for sure! I can't find pleasure into viewing the video for Apple of Sodom, it's such a distorted little clip. Whenever I watch my MM video collection I always skip Apple of Sodom and Cryptorchid lol!

No Reflection VS Running to the Edge of the World

Prefer No Reflection's visuals. As much as I love Running to the Edge of the World as a song the Vid is fairly empty.

No Reflection vs Say10
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Korpz View Post
    No Reflection vs Say10
    It's No Reflection for me again.

No Reflection vs. Apple Of Sodom