Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Marilyn Manson's "Coma White" Inside the Song w/ Michael Beinhorn

Default Marilyn Manson's "Coma White" Inside the Song w/ Michael Beinhorn

Another "Inside the Song"...

It's like a stranger had a key, came inside my mind
    And moved all my things around

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar

I'm loving these. I hope we get more. Although they'll probably just concentrate on the singles and not necessarily deep cuts. Still though, there's two more singles from that record; "I Don't Like The Drugs (But The Drugs Like Me)" and "Rock is Dead".

I've always wanted something like this pertaining to Manson. SO cool. I only wish he were in these videos as well, providing commentary. Good shit.

Really love these in-depth breakdowns of this album. I'm praying they do some obscure tracks, preferably The Speed Of Pain, or you know the whole album. Very interesting to hear the isolated tracks and how they achieved such unique effects. Manson's vocals are amazing on this album, glad it's recognized here. More please.

Also, as Unpretty Unsafe mentioned, a commentary with Manson breaking down each track would be amazing, especially this in-depth at 45 mins.

Yay! I was hoping they’d do Coma White.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I watched this last night, it's really nice to see people appreciating and analysing the studio complexity of Manson's work, for which I feel he and the band are underrated.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

pogo.
    Nighttime is the right time.

I saw the Dope Show version of this. It was so good, as is this one. Hearing how simple these songs really are when the tracks are isolated like that, makes you think you could do it yourself, when you can't because these guys had some kind of magic the rest of us don't have.
    I really like how on both these video's Michael Beinhorn mentions how crucial Pogo was. Pogo was never a great musician but boy was he so unique and magical, and these isolated tracks show how little he really contributes to the songs, but how so important his parts are, cos without them it's just basic Rock 'n' Roll. A classically trained pianist/keyboardists would not have contributed the same magic/uniqueness Pogo did.

I read an article last year where Manson ranked his favourite albums by the band. On Mechanical he mentions how he thought Michael Beinhorn was "A bit of a dick". These video's make me question that because he seems to have a lot of respect for the band where it would be easy to pass them off as talentless hacks who got lucky with a gimmick, like most producers who work with many other musicians (who are probably much better musicians too) would probably say.

Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

This is great! This is what I've always wanted to see; my favorite part of any MM album is the sound.