Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Advice Requested: Twins of Evil Vs. Solo Show?

Default Advice Requested: Twins of Evil Vs. Solo Show?

Hi all,

I need some advice from those who have seen Manson perform in recent years. He is coming to my state in July, and there will be two concerts within similar driving distance. Assuming I can't make both shows, the first is a Twins of Evil concert with Rob Zombie, while the second appears to be a solo show with a band called Palaye Royale as the opener (https://www.abcfoxmontana.com/missou...63290c0e0.html).

I'm inclined to pick the solo show, particularly as I've seen Zombie perform in the last few years, and while I enjoyed the show, I don't feel a huge urge to see him again. My understanding is that Manson typically performs more of his songs in the solo shows, and whichever show I go to, I am really there for MM, not the other performers. Anyone know if this is typically true?

I would say you're better off with the solo show if you can only do one. He is more likely to play a longer setlist without the time constraint of having Zombie go on after him.

It's like a stranger had a key, came inside my mind
    And moved all my things around

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

If you don’t want to see Zombie and have a better chance for maybe an extra song or something, then I would go to the solo show.

solo
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Solo for sure. And Palaye isn't too horrible. They will definitely play a shorter set though and leave more time for Manson. I would choose the solo. I wish I had that option! Zombie is great, but I'm there for Manson. Plus with Zombie, Manson usually plays the first set when it isn't dark yet which is lame. But if you do have to see Zombie, half of the band is old Manson members so that's good at least!

Thanks all. I decided on the solo show with Palaye Royale. Anyone else coming to the wilds of Montana?