Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: 3 From Hell

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

Default 3 From Hell

TUTTI

FUCKING

FRUTTI!

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

It looks great so far. Rob's under no obligation to aim for a Blockbuster, and these characters have been his babies (excuse the pun) for nearly twenty years so I think he's spent time on the story and it'll be a massive payoff for fans.

The low-budget, B-Movie homage in ...Corpses is a lot of fun to watch, but I prefer the visceral tone of The Devil's Rejects. It looks like this sequel will have more in common with ...Rejects, so I'm very much looking forward to it. I've been following Rob's social media tidbits and I think he's managed to gather an ensemble cast without it seeming like a who's-who of faces; if someone's in this film (even in a cameo role) they're there for a reason, just like ...Rejects.
    The major difference between ...Corpses and ...Rejects is much tighter writing and character development in the second film, so I think that approach will continue in 3 From Hell.

Also, the events of the first two films are set in the late '70s, but based on imagery released so far, we know this takes place in the early-to-mid-'80s, so the soundtrack is going to be fucking ACE.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

doublepostban (sue me)

It's worth remembering the peripheral stuff Rob's been doing as well, specifically covering Helter Skelter with Marilyn Manson. The Manson Family were obviously a massive influence on how The Firefly Family behave (particularly Otis, and his "I am the Devil..." dialogue), and The Beatles' song was not only covered by Charlie Manson, but was also used by Vincent Bugliosi as the title for his book about The Manson Family trial. Given that we know The Firefly Family have been imprisoned during the 3 From Hell and are released/break out, I reckon Rob's had all of that on his mind when writing the script.
    This year is also marks fifty years since The Manson Murders, so it's a very apt time to release a film that potentially reflects/references the events.

I hope he explains of why they survived despite we already know they got gunned down in the finale of Devil's Rejects. Unless that freeze frame where they get shot everytime are just "flesh wounds" and survived after that and got caught send to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-CroMartie View Post
    I hope he explains of why they survived despite we already know they got gunned down in the finale of Devil's Rejects. Unless that freeze frame where they get shot everytime are just "flesh wounds" and survived after that and got caught send to jail.
    Left me pondering the same---
    for all 3 to survive? Saywhaaa lmao
    but that ending was perfect.

I'm excited to see what will unravel. Zombie's mind can be gold.

if he pulls in The Manson Family, I will be shitting bricks- I can see an easter egg reference, solely - these characters are too grand to shine light on alt murderers.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Nevermind. They're alive. Not a dream. They got hospitalized. Spoiler for a full trailer though.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Someone I know posted this on Facebook, after which someone then claimed you can't tell much about the plot from the trailer. So my reply there is copy/pasted here, 'cos I think you can get quite a lot from it if you've followed Rob's other updates over the past few months:-

"The family survived the shootout at the close of The Devil's Rejects, were put on trial, incarcerated, and evidently are either released, or more likely break out.
    Winslow, despite being a new character, obviously has some bond/relationship with the family, and after they're free, is incorporated into their next journey/killing spree.
    I'd say the crucifixion on the chair reprise is a revenge killing, the family probably hunt down anyone related to the Wydells.
    Rondo is in a chain gang, so he's obviously been convicted of something since taking the bounty from John. I'd assume they want him dead as well.
    After that they very likely leave Ruggsville county, possibly ending up in a suburban town/city where they terrorise the people living there. I'd say that's where you see Baby dressed in a police uniform.
    The film might reunite the Fireflys with some of the offscreen characters that were mentioned back on the website files for TDR, and after that will probably be a road movie where they face up to both the law, and other underworld figures like The Black Satans."

Looks amazing, definitely in keeping with the tone of The Devil's Rejects. I know it's marginally cool to prefer ...Corpses, but ...Rejects was fucking OBVIOUSLY a superior film, and Rob had honed his craft in-between projects both as storyteller and director. Seems like he's reflected and capitalised on what he achieved in the second film, and will explore the madness the Fireflys can cause on a different scale.

I mean c'mon yo, in a world where we have to deal with sub-par bullshit like Jurassic World and Terminator Genisys pissing all over the legacies of wicked franchises, it's nice to see someone sticking to their remit and potentially bringing something definitive to the table. Very excited for this.

Yep, I even stopped posting at the movies review thread because 90% of what I saw was superheroes and didn't bother to write it down of the love and hate relationship of it.

But Godzilla was exceptional.

And his last one 31, was OK at best.