Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revolver Magazine-MM talks new album,Twins of Evil etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TH15x15xMYxOMeGA View Post
    I would say Bates was the best thing since the return of Twiggy. At this point, I'm not sure anything can compare to Twiggy and Manson's writing together. It just meshed better. With Bates, things seemed more detached.
    I think Tyler Bates played a positive role in getting Marilyn Manson inspired to venture out and try different things. This highlighted the best during The Pale Emperor. Tyler served a purpose, but I think he got too involved with the live members.

Agreed Manson and Twiggy were the best writing duo. Twiggy belongs on stage with Manson. Bottom line.
    Last edited by grotesquemonkey015; 07-19-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grotesquemonkey015 View Post
    Twiggy belongs on stage with Manson. Bottom line.
    I dont think he does anymore. Back in the day, certainly. But starting around the Pale Emperor tour he started to look like hed rather be anywhere else. Always looking reeaaallllyyyyy bored.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    I don’t think he does anymore. Back in the day, certainly. But starting around the Pale Emperor tour he started to look like he’d rather be anywhere else. Always looking reeaaallllyyyyy bored.
    The shows that I saw during that time period he looked perfectly fine. Yeah, he didn't headbang as much as he previously use to, but he still dominated the stage with his bass tone that is essential to the Marilyn Manson sound. Paul Wiley hardly moves, doesn't mean he is bored.

He certainly doesn't look bored here.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    I don’t think he does anymore. Back in the day, certainly. But starting around the Pale Emperor tour he started to look like he’d rather be anywhere else. Always looking reeaaallllyyyyy bored.
    I'd say it started more in THEOL legs-not quite as blatant but...it's definitely there.

I think Bates serves as a very good warm up to the Shooter Jennings album. Because it sounded like Manson got inspired and focused on singing and on music again in a different way. I would say The High End of Low and Born Villain with Twiggy also started this warm up. And I love all of those albums, Even though I feel The Pale Emperor to be more about making good songs, and Heaven Upside Down to continue that but with more consepts and with a tilt towards the mainstream and torwards the history of Manson' sound.

However, It sounded like that teamwork was very work-related, and not as much personal or friendly, nor philosophical. I think it were great to level up and to train Manson in the studio. But you can almost hear the lack of philosophical and authentic spirituality bleeding through from time to time. (Even though it's at time very "alchemical).

I think the record with Shooter Jennings can be the best album Marilyn Manson ever made. But I speculate about it being more 60s/70s with a filter of modernity, so it could be his best album but stay unpopulare for some years until it is discovered . Where The Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside Down got instant recognition, but may fade faster. Shoother was a fan of Manson, he also likes similar inspirations and enjoy alchemical thoughts, rock history, the occult and archetypical understanding like Carl Jung had. I get this from Shooters "Black Ribbons" album and his two visits on Joe Rogans podcast.

If you pay attention to the first four MM albums he was really into a kind of dark psychedelic reflection of life and humanity, and the times. But Pogo may have been his only friend in that way of thinking. Twiggy did his "space ghost" + "whisky and speed" -thing, Ginger and John didn't seem philosophical, Skold had some of it but more in a childish kind of nihilistic way. Now, Bates not at all. However, with Jennings it seems like Manson finally have a real artistic partner in crime. That kind of shared vision can move mountains.

The only problem now is that Manson needs to really prioritize running, lifting and something like yoga. He is to old now to give no fucks about his mortal body. If not he needs to stop touring soon. And I hope he has given up alcohol and stimulans. He could use cannabis and psychedelics like psilocybin for the rest of his life, but more of the hard stuff would not be a great idea from here on out.

Agreed. Back in his 20s, he could give no fucks about his health and he still look great. Now, being fucking 50, he needs to put in a little more effort in helping himself. It's his job, so he should care.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Agreed. Back in his 20s, he could give no fucks about his health and he still look great. Now, being fucking 50, he needs to put in a little more effort in helping himself. It's his job, so he should care.
    i think he is looking much better these days. I do think he enjoys his vodka, but i dont think hes been too out of control. I think this next record is going to be more Mature manson. I think they are what 6 songs deep. So i assume maybe now that Brandon is drumming, and they are touring, i think they might add a couple heavier songs into the rest of the record. Brandon is a heavy drummer. That being said i dont think we hear any New music in 2019. Knowing Manson, it will drag out till April of 2020, and the album will be like 9 songs long.
    Im An Entity In Which Is Invisible To Mankind...

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Indeed View Post
    6 songs deep.
    *Deep Six

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

Quote Originally Posted by Indeed View Post
    i think he is looking much better these days. I do think he enjoys his vodka, but i dont think hes been too out of control. I think this next record is going to be more Mature manson. I think they are what 6 songs deep. So i assume maybe now that Brandon is drumming, and they are touring, i think they might add a couple heavier songs into the rest of the record. Brandon is a heavy drummer. That being said i dont think we hear any New music in 2019. Knowing Manson, it will drag out till April of 2020, and the album will be like 9 songs long.
    I think Manson will keep his 10 song album limit, as it's a good format. I also think this will be a much more focused album, as he said he's written the lyrics as short stories. Not to overhype it all, but he hasn't done that since the Triptych. I hope Manson utilizes Brandon to his fullest ability, as he kicks total ass. I will agree that his appearances has been looking well and healthy, I just think he needs to be more mature about his health. He can't just live the Rockstar lifestyle at 50 and expect to perform well (or as well as he can, but I think he's been doing good for this tour). It's just common sense. AS for the release, he seems quite certain and determined to have it put out before 2020, after his books and art shows are done with. Overall seems more focused than he did with HUD's release.

Original AIDS provider.

People will say things like "Twiggy was looking bored" but I think it's too easy to confuse that with "Twiggy was 20 years older and a guy in his 40's isn't going to behave like a guy in his 20's". Pick just about any rock band, there are very, very few where people can honestly say that they behave the same as they did on stage 20 years ago. It doesn't mean they're bored.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna