Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revolver Magazine-MM talks new album,Twins of Evil etc.

Really excited for the art book, and the photobook from Perou. Cool to hear he'll include some commentary on how his artworks came to be, a very intimate book it sounds. Great to hear how focused he sounds on what he wants to do.

posted by Arch Dandy on IG @ show last night
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BztV2w9FGnO/
    Last edited by YoureAlreadyHere; 07-10-2019 at 06:06 AM.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    It sounds like he didn't get along with Tyler Bates on a personal level. It's a bit frustrating that he dismisses former collaborators that much.
    When I spoke with a former MM bandmate (not Bates) after Pale Emperor was made, it seemed like Tyler just couldn't take the lifestyle of being in Manson's live band. I was VERY shocked they did a second album together at all. I don't know what else went on between them, but it just seemed like Tyler couldn't take touring with Manson. Maybe they eventually couldn't get along anymore and there is some bitterness there. Manson isn't the easiest to get along with...

^this
    Chillin' Killin'

Original AIDS provider.

Good interview, he seems in a good place with some fire in him to make this upcoming record really pump. It was nice to see him talk positively about hanging out with John and Ginger on this tour, though I wish he'd take Rob's insistence and take Ginger back...
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    Good interview, he seems in a good place with some fire in him to make this upcoming record really pump. It was nice to see him talk positively about hanging out with John and Ginger on this tour, though I wish he'd take Rob's insistence and take Ginger back...
    I was pretty happy I got to see Ginger on THEOL tour before he left. I do hate that it was 10 years ago, because now I feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by TH15x15xMYxOMeGA View Post
    When I spoke with a former MM bandmate (not Bates) after Pale Emperor was made, it seemed like Tyler just couldn't take the lifestyle of being in Manson's live band. I was VERY shocked they did a second album together at all. I don't know what else went on between them, but it just seemed like Tyler couldn't take touring with Manson. Maybe they eventually couldn't get along anymore and there is some bitterness there. Manson isn't the easiest to get along with...
    Thatís unfortunate because Tyler Bates was the best thing that happened to MM since John 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    Thatís unfortunate because Tyler Bates was the best thing that happened to MM since John 5.
    I would say Bates was the best thing since the return of Twiggy. At this point, I'm not sure anything can compare to Twiggy and Manson's writing together. It just meshed better. With Bates, things seemed more detached. This is just an assumption, but I imagine the songwriting process for PE and HUD being Manson writing his lyrics and then Bates creating a film-esque score for what Manson was saying. Then they just go in the studio and lay Manson's lyrics over the music. I don't think they were bouncing a ton of ideas off of each other because the lyrics were very Manson-y but the music was something totally different. I'm excited for the Shooter collaboration because maybe they will work more together. I'll believe it when I see it though. I hope this doesn't come off as negative. I just am ready to move past Bates, even though he helped make 2 good albums.