Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson releases GODS GONNA CUT YOU DOWN single and video

T R A I T O R

Quote Originally Posted by grotesquemonkey015 View Post
    Everything about this cover is wonderful. This easily one of the best music videos in a long time. Glad to see that the picture disk is of his artwork. I love when his artwork is involved with his music. This is giving me high hopes for the future of Marilyn Manson. Really hoping this is a fresh start to amazing live shows. Also I really hope that Pogo walks near Time Square and sees the huge display of Marilyn Manson. You know since he isn't "relevant" anymore.
    Some people on YT were saying he "isn't relevant anymore", this and the huge displays of his new song proves he's still relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Some people on YT were saying he "isn't relevant anymore", this and the huge displays of his new song proves he's still relevant.
    Haven't they said that for the last two albums? If not more? Sing me a new tune people, one that is relevant.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Great cover choice

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    Haven't they said that for the last two albums? If not more? Sing me a new tune people, one that is relevant.
    I certainly recall it being longer than the last two albums. That lines always been particularly downright fascinating to me, no matter who its applied to. Its a new-ish thing I believe, I didnt start seeing it used with incredible frequently until maybe a decade ago. Just this idea that a public figure or an artist only has worth or is only worth hearing out if they fit some nebulous definition of relevance, which I assume is synonymous with consistent presence in corporate-run media. What a dull and dreary walk through life that must be.

It still makes me do a puppy-head-tilt every time. The other week I was out celebrating a friends birthday, and some girlfriend of one of his other friends noticed I had a Sabbath song paused on my iPhone when I checked a text message, hand to god she said Isnt black sabbath not even relevant anymore? I think they had a song in one of the Iron Man movies but that was like ten years ago. You can gather she was on the younger side.
    Last edited by Justsomeguy; 10-19-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Beautiful.
    The best time for
    new beginnings
    is NOW.

One million views in just one day \o/

T R A I T O R

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    I certainly recall it being longer than the last two albums. That line’s always been particularly downright fascinating to me, no matter who it’s applied to. It’s a new-ish thing I believe, I didn’t start seeing it used with incredible frequently until maybe a decade ago. Just this idea that a public figure or an artist only has worth or is only worth hearing out if they fit some nebulous definition of ‘relevance,’ which I assume is synonymous with ‘consistent presence in corporate-run media.’ What a dull and dreary walk through life that must be.

It still makes me do a puppy-head-tilt every time. The other week I was out celebrating a friend’s birthday, and some girlfriend of one of his other friends noticed I had a Sabbath song paused on my iPhone when I checked a text message, hand to god she said “Isn’t black sabbath not even relevant anymore? I think they had a song in one of the Iron Man movies but that was like ten years ago.” You can gather she was on the younger side.
    I bet people like that think The Beatles are irrelevant now because half of them are dead... smh.

The Beatles take the cake if anything, people get downright hair-triggered over them. They havent been relevant for like fifty years, their music is so boring, only old people and hipsters listen to them, they were nothing but the One Direction of their time, isnt Paul McCartney like 80 now. I think weve all heard that.

My current line of work has me working with a lot of early 20-somethings, and Im very much a way out of the loop fuddy-duddy, so I hear this kind of stuff on the regular, and absolutely I feel smugly superior lol.

Anyways as for the video. I agree with most that its one of his best in quite awhile. Im very curious by the logistics of it all, why he chose to release a 2(?) year old song from a pretty-much former album cycle as a single, completely out of the blue, with seemingly nothing to promote. My naive over-speculative hope and inkling, especially considering the not-so-cryptic burying myself imagery, and the wardrobe and whatnot, is that it kind of acts as an Apple of Sodom transitionary thing and indicates that the upcoming album is going to be a radical departure from the past few.

Just my personal opinion, but I wish he changed the lyric to He called my name and my heart stood still, when he said Brian, go do my will. That wouldve been the coolest shit ever, wouldve completely changed the meaning and context of the song into something way more intriguing.

Still obsessing over the video on YouTube and the song on Spotify! Congrats to MM in getting 1M views in just such a short time. I wonder if he will add it to the set list next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I bet people like that think The Beatles are irrelevant now because half of them are dead... smh.
    A-fucking-men!

Short-sighted media gratification mentality!

It's typical nowadays - you're only good as your last 10 seconds...
    "I'm not special, I'm just broken, and I don't wanna be fixed..."