Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson releases GODS GONNA CUT YOU DOWN single and video

T R A I T O R

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post

Just my personal opinion, but I wish he changed the lyric to “He called my name and my heart stood still, when he said ‘Brian, go do my will.’” That would’ve been the coolest shit ever, would’ve completely changed the meaning and context of the song into something way more intriguing.
    I still absolutely love that he did that for his Rock N Roll Nigger cover. "Brian Warner, was a nigger." As if he has totally detached himself from the person he once was. Doing it for this new cover would have came full circle, again.

I’m enjoying the cover and love the video, but Tattooed in Reverse video is going Tom be hard to top for me. Anyways, I was sitting by an outdoor fire pit Friday night listening to this. It’s the perfect chill song.

Awesome footage, I really did not expect this cover to be released as a main single. I guess hes teasing us with some country sound for that new album with Shooter Jennings?

I love the bluesy/country Manson, reminds me of The Pale Emperor acoustics and his Working Class Hero cover too. I'm very happy Manson does not rest on its laurels for this new album

Pre-ordered the picture disc too, his new painting is fantastic !

This song has nothing with the new album.This is recorded 2-3 years ago with Tyler during TPE era.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    This song has nothing with the new album.This is recorded 2-3 years ago with Tyler during TPE era.
    No matter when it was recorded, this is not insignificant
    Just saying it’s coherent for the label to release this cover as a single weeks or months before z new album with Shooter Jennings (rock country icon) is supposed to drop.
    Last edited by Vince; 10-22-2019 at 06:07 AM.

I hope we get to find out soon if its from the new album or a stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeston3r View Post
    I hope we get to find out soon if it’s from the new album or a stand alone.
    We already know ,its stand alone ,if it was related to the upcoming album it would be advertised as such and it would come with the new album release date ,like all the other times he released a single for a new release
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montral

Quote Originally Posted by maniac82 View Post
    We already know ,its stand alone ,if it was related to the upcoming album it would be advertised as such and it would come with the new album release date ,like all the other times he released a single for a new release
    Thats what I think too, especially since we know the new album is a collaboration with Shooter Jennings.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by maniac82 View Post
    +1