Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson by PEROU book set for May 2020 release

Default Marilyn Manson by PEROU book set for May 2020 release

MARILYN MANSON BY PEROU : 21 Years in Hell
    COMING MAY 2020
    ISBN: 978-1-9095260693
    Hardcover, 272pp, 304 x 245mm

PRE-ORDER NOW at https://www.reelartpress.com/catalog...anson-by-perou
    A separate, Limited Edition version of Marilyn Manson by Perou: 21 Years in Hell will be announced soon.

“Just because you have a fucking Instagram page does not make you Perou. That’s your quote.” – Marilyn Manson

“I often get asked, ‘Who was your favourite person to photograph?’ or ‘Who is the best person you’ve photographed?’” says photographer Perou. “It’s always ‘Marilyn Manson.’ Which is just as well, considering how many times I’ve photographed him.” Perou has been photographing Marilyn Manson since a 1998 magazine cover shoot. Twenty-one years of collaborating have resulted in this unique book, featuring over 350 photographs including previously unpublished work, conceptual portraits, onstage and informal behind-the-scenes images, giving a rare insight into Manson’s world.

The accompanying text is formed from conversations between the two discussing the work and their friendship―funny, honest and at times a raw reflection on their individual histories and collaboration. Manson comments, “I just remember the first time you showed up you had more rings than me. You look still, and did at the time, like you were going to be in that movie Romper Stomper: bomber jacket, high laced boots, fully British, barely understandable.” Manson later reflects, “I became automatically comfortable around you and that’s the most important part.” This rapport and mutual respect for each other’s artistry is evident in the work. Of his favourite subject, Perou muses, “Probably all music photographers wanted to be in a band … I’ve always enjoyed dressing up and used to enjoy being the center of attention. Sometimes that’s been a problem; when you turn up looking cooler than the ‘talent’ but I never turned up looking cooler than Marilyn Manson, ever.”

T R A I T O R

So excited for this book. An asset to collectors and the community. Curious to see how different the Ltd. Edition book with be.

Already preordered, can’t wait.

May sound odd to some, but in particular I am so goddamn happy the book is kept at reasonable dimensions, I was worried about that. Music artists releasing coffeetable photography books is all the rage now, and if you’ve been in a bookstore lately and seen these fuckin’ things, the trend is that they’re like 2’ by 1.5’, which to me is just the most arrogantly opulent shit.

This rare product has the behind the scenes and onstage images of Marilyn’s and now on pre-order in on Amazon for 69 dollars. The title will be released on June 9, 2020.
    "I'm not special, I'm just broken, and I don't wanna be fixed..."

It's kind of baffling that a non-musical Manson project has actually been completed and is going to be released, Holywood next...

In all seriousness though, I love that photo on the cover, it was always one of my absolute favourite photos of Manson, and having it on a plain black background like that is stunning, I know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but it's a great choice and it looks great, although considering it's by Perou, that's hardly a surprise.

I wonder if there will be any interviews to advertise its release, I'd like to see why they decided to do it now and how the idea was formed.

ok next

T R A I T O R

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    It's kind of baffling that a non-musical Manson project has actually been completed and is going to be released, Holywood next...

In all seriousness though, I love that photo on the cover, it was always one of my absolute favourite photos of Manson, and having it on a plain black background like that is stunning, I know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but it's a great choice and it looks great, although considering it's by Perou, that's hardly a surprise.

I wonder if there will be any interviews to advertise its release, I'd like to see why they decided to do it now and how the idea was formed.
    If you follow Perou's IG, he started posting more old MM photos and thought it was time to release a book. Plus, I'm sure the only reason we're getting a non-musical MM project is due to Perou's persistence to get it made. Props to him

I want to retire from shitting.

Some fine images, book release June 2020.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/ga...on-in-pictures

T R A I T O R

Some people are getting their book already, with no shipping confirmation email or anything. But only if you ordered from Reel Art Press. So be on the lookout!