Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Marilyn Manson Releases "The End" Cover With New Artwork

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Woah slow down.I was talking about personal taste.I would like another ACSS,MA or TGAOG.But not blues inspired record .
    TPE is your Least favorite? Damn dude. Damn

Honestly I don't care for another HUD, which was Manson's attempt at making an album to sound like his older albums. What's funny is I realized I don't even listen to HUD at all anymore. Yet everytime I revisit TPE, it sounds fresh to me. I feel like it holds up better than HUD. Production wise too. I also wouldn't say it was all that Bluesy, besides a few tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Woah slow down.I was talking about personal taste.I would like another ACSS,MA or TGAOG.But not blues inspired record .
    I'm just saying that Shooter is producing and has a wider body of work than country and blues. So you might be surprised at what the album has in store.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Honestly I don't care for another HUD, which was Manson's attempt at making an album to sound like his older albums. What's funny is I realized I don't even listen to HUD at all anymore. Yet everytime I revisit TPE, it sounds fresh to me. I feel like it holds up better than HUD. Production wise too. I also wouldn't say it was all that Bluesy, besides a few tracks.
    It's funny because I'm kind of the same. I mostly listen to the tracks that are more unlike than the rest of the catalogue. KILL4ME is so 80s and I love the synth on it, I'd kill for more tracks that have a focus on synth/electronic stuff.

Really liked this cover. At first it felt a bit karaoke.... then it felt a bit bland... but a few listens later... the screams at the end... the details here and there... the Mother Mother Mother Mother Mother F*cker lyrics.... For me it also (and mostly) showcased what Shooter can do with production. And makes me excited for the new record. When I heard the voice being distorted the way it was... and other small details. its exciting. its fresh.

TPE is one of my favourite albums... Such a departure... the limited edition releases... the art... everything was just amazing...although in hindsight, whilst it was a departure, whenever I revisit it (the most revisited of albums of his of the last 10 years for me) I felt he didn't depart ENOUGH.... I could take a more extreme TPE or... something else fresh.. but not another HUD... that was a real disappointment (better than BV) as I really rated his collaboration with Tyler Bates after TPE but it didn't work out for me.

I have so far enjoyed his collaboration with Shooter. Cat People, The End, and the other covers have been some of his absolute best in years.

I'd like to also hear this full cover, it's very recent and probably has Shooter connections;

Interesting how this collaboration developed...

THE END's production sounds really good, the string arrangements remind me of Cat People. It took a while for me to get into the newest cover, but I love it now.

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmHeart View Post
    It took a while for me to get into the newest cover, but I love it now.
    Same thing here, but I have to admit I’m starting to enjoy the production too although I am much more receptive to the God’s gonna cut you down cover

The production is what Iím really digging on this track as well. All of the little nuances you hear with each listen.

It also took me a little bit to get into the track. It sounded way too slow and repetitive to me. But Iím digging it now.

I think if you don't enjoy the original track then you won't enjoy thos cover. Which is probably why some people are torn between liking it and hating it, as the original track was more of a stream of conciousness, without structure.

The track has been taken offline on all streaming services, at least in Germany and the Netherlands (that I know of), including the Youtube video.