Thread: Harry Potter

Down, but not out.

Default Harry Potter

I actually didn't really get into Harry Potter until a few years ago. It was also The Goblet of Fire and The Philosopher's Stone that got me into the film franchise. After that, I just checked out the rest of the films in chronological order. Long before becoming an actual fan, I also recall The Chamber of Secrets being re-run so many times as well. This would also happen during the holidays, which probably explains why Harry Potter has become one of the many things I'm reminded of by the time Thanksgiving and Christmas roll around, with Halloween being simply a given.

I've also wondered for quite some time what share of Marilyn Manson fans are currently Harry Potter fans these days too, as both fan-bases would seem to compliment each other in some ways. (Even more surprising is the cross-over/alliance between Harry Potter fans, Pokemon fans and Minecraft fans. I suppose it also helps that JK Rowling is a fan of both video game franchises.

If I were to rank the films, they'd go in this order.

The Goblet of Fire
    The Philosopher's Stone
    The Chamber of Secrets
    The Prisoner of Azkaban
    The Deathly Hallows - Part 2
    The Deathly Hallows - Part 1
    The Half Blood Prince

Granted, I'm sure it'll be subject to change, eventually, but that's how it's been with me as far as my preferences go.

Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar

LotR > Harry Potter.