Thread: Family Guy

Down, but not out.

Default Family Guy

I seriously don't remember if there already was a thread, but if not it just seems way overdue, considering how there's already been threads on The Simpsons and South Park on Provider Module.

And yes, I never forgot there was an actual episode on Marilyn Manson, just not with him doing the actual voice acting. At least there were more references with Marilyn Manson to fill in an episode, where South Park only references him for just a few seconds, and I don't think The Simpsons had any Marilyn Manson references at all either.

Anyway, how did Family Guy hold up with you so far?

Right up until now, it's still one of the most quoted and referenced shows whenever people bring up animated sitcom genre. The gags and puns also seem to be referenced far more than the actual episodes. It's as if they're the video equivalent of earworms.

And right up until now, Peter and Brian still remain to be my favorite characters so far.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-02-2020 at 10:55 PM.

I use to watch family guy every night before bed when I was younger. It was part of my daily routine and sometimes felt like I could only fall asleep while just listening it. Very strange I know... I still watch it now though. In fact I watched a couple on the TV yesterday and still enjoyed the newer stuff. I think some people thought it lost its humour but I was still laughing. I wonder how many seasons they have left in them? My favourite character is definitely Stewie.

I wish comedy aged well.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    I wish comedy aged well.
    agreed. I have seen every episode and I always felt it was hit or miss. But the good episodes, were really good. I’ll always watch this show, but the past few seasons have been more of a miss. About a year ago, I decided to give south park a try. Every season is good on that show,

Quote Originally Posted by DecayingSinner View Post
    agreed. I have seen every episode and I always felt it was hit or miss. But the good episodes, were really good. I’ll always watch this show, but the past few seasons have been more of a miss. About a year ago, I decided to give south park a try. Every season is good on that show,
    My Family Guy replacement was American Dad, and then my American Dad replacement was King of the Hill.
    I’ve stuck with KOTH for the last eight years straight now heh