Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Beetlejuice

  1. #1
    Down, but not out.
    Join Date: 02.02.13
    Posts: 2,102
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default Beetlejuice

    I've always thought that there should've been a catch-all thread for Beetlejuice regarding both the movie and the animated series.

    Anyway, I'm ever so thankful that the actual entire cartoon is available on DVD, so now I have both the movie and cartoon all on DVD. I always enjoyed the friendship or say, relationship between Beetlejuice and Lydia Deetz in the cartoon, which is why I was surprised at how they were in the movie. Not that it took anything away from the film, but the cartoon was my first introduction to Beetlejuice altogether, which I watched as early as 1990-1992. I also didn't see the movie until 1997 or 1998, so that could count for some sort of excuse as I also entirely unaware of it due to not even hearing or knowing about it in the early 1990s.

    And now, I still can't believe that there was actual musical of Beetlejuice on Broadway. I suppose it just goes to show how much of legendary cult following it has. Interestingly enough is how memorable Beetlejuice was in the movie, considering he only got a total of 17 minutes of screen time. As with all cult classics, they inevitably age well.

  2. #2
    GAFSTER FuckmanQ's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.28.14
    Location: Parentheses
    Posts: 1,698
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands are my go to experiences. Tim Burton was at his peak there.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

  3. #3
    Raspberry Syncope FeedYourHead's Avatar
    Join Date: 07.06.09
    Location: New York, NY
    Posts: 2,088
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands are my go to experiences. Tim Burton was at his peak there.
    What about Big Fish?

    Also I recently came to learn that the airhead mom in Beetlejuice is the same airhead mom from Home Alone. I feel like everyone in the world knew that except me.

  4. #4
    Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar
    Join Date: 08.21.09
    Location: S.E. Asia.
    Posts: 2,695
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Finally saw the Live action on Netflix last month. It was OK. But I'm more familiar with the cartoon series and I liked it better that way.


  5. #5
    GAFSTER FuckmanQ's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.28.14
    Location: Parentheses
    Posts: 1,698
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    What about Big Fish?

    Also I recently came to learn that the airhead mom in Beetlejuice is the same airhead mom from Home Alone. I feel like everyone in the world knew that except me.
    Big Fish is great as well, but i'm mainly talking purely that weird german expressionistic style he had for a bit. I'll be clear I love a lot of his films even ones people tend to shit on, like Planet of the Apes.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

  6. #6
    Raspberry Syncope FeedYourHead's Avatar
    Join Date: 07.06.09
    Location: New York, NY
    Posts: 2,088
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    Big Fish is great as well, but i'm mainly talking purely that weird german expressionistic style he had for a bit. I'll be clear I love a lot of his films even ones people tend to shit on, like Planet of the Apes.
    Sounds like you would super appreciate the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

  7. #7
    GAFSTER FuckmanQ's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.28.14
    Location: Parentheses
    Posts: 1,698
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    Sounds like you would super appreciate the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.
    One of my favorite silent films :)
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •