Thread: Beetlejuice

Down, but not out.

Default Beetlejuice

I've always thought that there should've been a catch-all thread for Beetlejuice regarding both the movie and the animated series.

Anyway, I'm ever so thankful that the actual entire cartoon is available on DVD, so now I have both the movie and cartoon all on DVD. I always enjoyed the friendship or say, relationship between Beetlejuice and Lydia Deetz in the cartoon, which is why I was surprised at how they were in the movie. Not that it took anything away from the film, but the cartoon was my first introduction to Beetlejuice altogether, which I watched as early as 1990-1992. I also didn't see the movie until 1997 or 1998, so that could count for some sort of excuse as I also entirely unaware of it due to not even hearing or knowing about it in the early 1990s.

And now, I still can't believe that there was actual musical of Beetlejuice on Broadway. I suppose it just goes to show how much of legendary cult following it has. Interestingly enough is how memorable Beetlejuice was in the movie, considering he only got a total of 17 minutes of screen time. As with all cult classics, they inevitably age well.

Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands are my go to experiences. Tim Burton was at his peak there.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands are my go to experiences. Tim Burton was at his peak there.
    What about Big Fish?

Also I recently came to learn that the airhead mom in Beetlejuice is the same airhead mom from Home Alone. I feel like everyone in the world knew that except me.

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

Finally saw the Live action on Netflix last month. It was OK. But I'm more familiar with the cartoon series and I liked it better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    What about Big Fish?

Also I recently came to learn that the airhead mom in Beetlejuice is the same airhead mom from Home Alone. I feel like everyone in the world knew that except me.
    Big Fish is great as well, but i'm mainly talking purely that weird german expressionistic style he had for a bit. I'll be clear I love a lot of his films even ones people tend to shit on, like Planet of the Apes.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    Big Fish is great as well, but i'm mainly talking purely that weird german expressionistic style he had for a bit. I'll be clear I love a lot of his films even ones people tend to shit on, like Planet of the Apes.
    Sounds like you would super appreciate the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    Sounds like you would super appreciate the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.
    One of my favorite silent films :)