View Poll Results: Do you enjoy The Golden Age of Groteque more than Eat Me, Drink Me?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Golden Age of Grotesque (Yes)

11 52.38%
  • Eat Me, Drink Me (No)

10 47.62%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you enjoy The Golden Age Of Grotesque more than EAT ME, DRINK ME?

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

TGAOG was the gilded, Voltaire's angry bbc proctoplasty that created the pathway to EMDM. I enjoy them both. Our (s)AINT got into a car crash. TGAOG was like "licking the floor of a men's room and getting kicked in the balls with a brick on a shoe", and EMDM was a great record to get drunk and practice lachrymology to.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

T R A I T O R

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    TGAOG was the gilded, Voltaire's angry bbc proctoplasty that created the pathway to EMDM. I enjoy them both. Our (s)AINT got into a car crash. TGAOG was like "licking the floor of a men's room and getting kicked in the balls with a brick on a shoe", and EMDM was a great record to get drunk and practice lachrymology to.
    I very much agree.
    "I'm on a Campaign 4 Pain and when i get elected i'll wipe the white off your house, the smile off your face."
    To
    "This Is Only A Game".

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I very much agree.
    "I'm on a Campaign 4 Pain and when i get elected i'll wipe the white off your house, the smile off your face."
    To
    "This Is Only A Game".
    Quoted to mark as liked (as the function is no longer available)
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Yes, The Golden Age of Grotesque is for thots.

Nemoris, for some reason I never forgot a post by someone on The Heirophant from when GAOG was the latest album. They said something very similar to what you just said but instead criticised GAOG with "Hold the S because I am an Aint".

I don't really have an opinion on any of this except that I always thought that "campaign" line was great!

T R A I T O R

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5 View Post
    Nemoris, for some reason I never forgot a post by someone on The Heirophant from when GAOG was the latest album. They said something very similar to what you just said but instead criticised GAOG with "Hold the S because I am an Aint".

I don't really have an opinion on any of this except that I always thought that "campaign" line was great!
    I thought so too! Also, care to elaborate on what that post said? They used a lyric to criticize the album?

Ya, they were saying that GAOG was much worse, in terms of lyrics, than the albums before it, similar to what you did with EMDM. That line from Saint was their example of bad lyrics from GAOG. I think they also gave the album 4/10. I can't remember anything else...

Ya, they were saying that GAOG was much worse, in terms of lyrics, than the albums before it, similar to what you did with EMDM. That line from Saint was their example of bad lyrics from GAOG. I think they also gave the album 4/10. I can't remember anything else...
    I wouldn't say that it is lyrically a bad album at all, certainly hugely different from all previous efforts in all aspects, but that's what I like in a Manson album, I'd say it has some purposefully shallow lyrics, but I take them more of a critique of the world he was in. Write what you know.

But I love both albums, I find them difficult to even compare because they're so different in my opinion, Golden Age was so full of confident bravado and then EMDM was far more personal, I'd be more likely to listen Golden Age in the summer and EMDM in the winter, so right now let's say I prefer Golden Age, but ask me in 6 months and the answer would probably be different.

T R A I T O R

Just to be clear, i wasn't comparing TGAOG with EMDM to see which was better, just observing the change of lyricism and attitude between the two lyrics i posted. But, i think a lot of Core-MM fans disliked TGAOG when it came out. It was different, and Manson once again reinvented himself to an entirely new persona. I'm sure some thought he sold out then, but then again they were probably the same fans who said that after each album after ACSS.

“H8erz call me bitch, call me faggot, call me whitey”

Nuff said.

As a whole, it’s a terrible album, lyrically and musically (with one or two outstanding exceptions), and also visually, in my own opinion. People always talk about the ‘context’ and Manson’s public behaviour or persona when they praise that album, but a good album those things do not make.