View Poll Results: Do you enjoy The Golden Age of Groteque more than Eat Me, Drink Me?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Golden Age of Grotesque (Yes)

11 52.38%
  • Eat Me, Drink Me (No)

10 47.62%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you enjoy The Golden Age Of Grotesque more than EAT ME, DRINK ME?

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    Definitely not. Conceptually, The Golden Age of Grotesque is brilliant - but it's too high concept for its own good, and a mish-mash of industrial and nu-metal could never adequately capture the vibe that Manson achieved in his lyrics and image. That whole album probably should have been like the title track - it wouldn't have sold for shit, but it absolutely would have solidified Manson as an artistic force. Everytime I hear GAOG, I can't help but think that I'd rather be listening to a full-tilt musically Dadaist album, with jazz saxophones and everything to really capture the period Manson was going for.

Eat Me, Drink Me is more appropriate for what it was trying to capture.
    Completely agree with you there... and unfortunately I just didnt like what he tried to capture. but you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    How dare you?

We have at least 8 months, and say I was walking in the rain, on a particularly miserable night, Manson wise it'd probably be THEoL, but if it raining in the Summer, you need more.fast paced songs, ACSS would probably be a good fit for these occasions, although with the rain, perhaps Holy Wood would be better.

Holywood in the rain... that atmosphere :)