Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy The Golden Age of Groteque more than Eat Me, Drink Me?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Golden Age of Grotesque (Yes)

10 58.82%
  • Eat Me, Drink Me (No)

7 41.18%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you enjoy The Golden Age Of Grotesque more than EAT ME, DRINK ME?

fuckwhatyoulove Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    “H8erz call me bitch, call me faggot, call me whitey”

Nuff said.

As a whole, it’s a terrible album, lyrically and musically (with one or two outstanding exceptions), and also visually, in my own opinion. People always talk about the ‘context’ and Manson’s public behaviour or persona when they praise that album, but a good album those things do not make.
    I think the lyricism is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, hence the nonsensical wordplay. It's for fun. I think the imagery for the album was well executed during the Grotesk Burlesk Tour, and along with the music videos, doppelhertz, etc. The album itself falls flat, but it's still no doubt a banger. It just depends on the mood for me. That particular track you quoted is one of the weaker tracks for sure.

Ack, you're totally right Nemoris, I was confused (I blame Shang.)

I also agree that GAOG seemed divisive at the time and seems a bit less so now, based on what I've been reading here recently (though what I was reading is from 8 years ago.) :/ Of course, this thread shows that it's still at least somewhat divisive. Justsomeguy, which 1-2 songs from GAOG would you say are exceptions?

Mansoniser, doesn't England have 6 months of rain? Which album would you listen to in those conditions?

Golden Age is my second favorite album after HW. It was such a fun time... I did a lot of drinking and cocaine back then and the album has such an attitude and style I love, and still do. This album has held up and miss this tour and line up.

EMDM is way underrated, but I feel he just started to become a bit lazy during live shows.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5 View Post
    Mansoniser, doesn't England have 6 months of rain? Which album would you listen to in those conditions?

How dare you?

We have at least 8 months, and say I was walking in the rain, on a particularly miserable night, Manson wise it'd probably be THEoL, but if it raining in the Summer, you need more.fast paced songs, ACSS would probably be a good fit for these occasions, although with the rain, perhaps Holy Wood would be better.

EMDM is much better. "Spade" belongs on that album.

fuckwhatyoulove Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    EMDM is much better. "Spade" belongs on that album.
    I've always said Spade belonged on HW...