Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: The Pale Emperor or Heaven Upside Down?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Pale Emperor

12 70.59%
  • Heaven Upside Down

5 29.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pale Emperor or Heaven Upside Down?

Default The Pale Emperor or Heaven Upside Down?

Well, now that the 2010s are gone, I thought of making this poll, since the 2010s were left off with Heaven Upside Down. This is almost as tough as choosing between Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals for me, whereas it was so much easier for me to select The High End of Low over Eat Me, Drink Me.

Anyway, I actually find myself leaning more to Heaven Upside Down these days, but only just by a little bit.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-19-2020 at 02:58 PM.

I like both but feel TPE is another masterpiece like ACSS. Very hard to touch either album imo.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar

Heaven Upside Down is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirge Inferno View Post
    Heaven Upside Down is shit.
    I think half of the songs on HUD hold up, the rest just don't, and that brings the whole album down for me. TPE sounds just as great as it did 5 years ago. Definitely my favorite next to HW and EMDM

I take The Pale Emperor and Born Villain over Heaven Upside Down.

Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I think half of the songs on HUD hold up, the rest just don't, and that brings the whole album down for me. TPE sounds just as great as it did 5 years ago. Definitely my favorite next to HW and EMDM
    I haven't listened to HUD since it came out really, it was a huge let down and I disliked it more than Born Villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirge Inferno View Post
    I haven't listened to HUD since it came out really, it was a huge let down and I disliked it more than Born Villain.
    Me neither, although I listened to it non-stop when it came out, then went back to TPE and never went back to HUD. I mean, I don't dislike the album, I just don't feel like it has as good of an replay value as TPE. Half of BV is trash, half is Great, so can still enjoy BV. I think in terms of production, HUD was a step down. It seemed too much like a Comeback album than a follow up to TPE.

The Pale Emperor.

I'd be shocked to see someone pick Heaven Upside Down, I don't think it was a bad album, but it didn't feel as fresh, and while I do like it, it's not one that pulls me in over and over.
    The Pale Emperor felt instantly classic to me, it was a huge change in style, not only from his previous album, but all of his albums, personally one of my favourite albums he's done, it incorporated the blues into his own style perfectly.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Of the two records, The Pale Emperor is stronger and more dynamic, so I hold it in higher regard. However, I'd argue Heaven Upside Down has the most replay value. Obviously it can depend on mood, but generally if I fancy a contemporary Manson session, ...Down has more songs you can put on independently. It's a deliberately 'catchy' record, whereas ...Emperor's complex tracklisting feels more deserving of a start-to-finish journey than a selection of heavy-hitters.

I'd also say (possibly excluding Odds Of Even) Saturnalia is the best track on both albums combined.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post

I'd also say (possibly excluding Odds Of Even) Saturnalia is the best track on both albums combined.
    I will agree, Saturnalia is definitely one of the best MM songs in the last 10-15 years, it's one of my favorites.