Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Would you have enjoyed Marilyn Manson actually attending Woodstock 1999?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: Would you have enjoyed Marilyn Manson actually attending Woodstock 1999?

Down, but not out.

Default Would you have enjoyed Marilyn Manson actually attending Woodstock 1999?

@S.D. - I remember you wouldn't have been for it due to all the controversy that occurred prior to Woodstock 1999, but for whatever reason never thought to make this a poll. I'm sure there are some Marilyn Manson fans that are either for or against it, but a lot that still would've been for it.

Marilyn Manson performing songs from Portrait of an American Family and Antichrist Superstar would've more than easily fit in with the Korn and Limp Bizkit crowds over there, and as we all know, Mechanical Animals also translates very well live.

On the other hand, I totally understand those against it, since the exceed controversy regarding the aftermath of Woodstock 1999 could've ruined him, but I still can't help but imagine him finding a way to exploit it and milk it for all it's worth.

Anyway, do you think it would've been awesome or horrible?

As for me, I'd like to think that he would've killed it like Nine Inch Nails did with Woodstock 1994, with a very heavy Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals setlist, with some Portrait of an American Family and Smells Like Children songs sprinkled in between it.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Not gonna lie, I can't remember discussing Manson at Woodstock but I probably did! I think it's for the best he didn't play, I know he discussed it being akin to Altamont afterwards, and I think in the wake of Columbine if he'd performed and things went down the way they did, it would have been a nail in the coffin for his career.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...