Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson says hes finished his masterpiece of a new album

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    I'm worried that it'll be a repeat of the hellbilly blues style on TPE. I have my fingers crossed that it's something radically different.
    Well if we are to believe the comparison to Diamond Dogs then it won't sound anything like that.

Yeah, but remember that Born Villain was a "punk rock Mechanical Animals. When it comes to describing their sound before a record's release I trust nobody from the Manson camp.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the Vehmgericht. If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the Vehm.

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    Yeah, but remember that Born Villain was a "punk rock Mechanical Animals. When it comes to describing their sound before a record's release I trust nobody from the Manson camp.
    Oh absolutely, one must always take the pre-album talk with a pinch of salt, or a handful of salt...a dangerous amount of salt. Although since they started talking about this album the Diamond Dogs reference has repeatedly come up.

Although that could mean anything, Diamond Dogs was a period of transition for Bowie, as he moved away from Ziggy Stardust, it was also a full concept album that was originally intended to be a musical of Nineteen Eighty-Four. Bowie famously used a cut up method when writing lyrics, mixing sentences around to find something that works and the song Sweet Thing was essentially split into three different songs, so when they say they've used it as inspiration, frankly it could mean anything.

Although I'm hoping for a bit of Bowie-esque glam, but my love for Bowie knows no bounds, so I'm always hoping for that.

I really thought we might have something by now. Hopefully next Friday we might get a new song.

Crimes in the Ocean mr.svperstar13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mok View Post
    Some bootleg shit i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Freeston3r View Post
    I really thought we might have something by now. Hopefully next Friday we might get a new song.
    I don't think so. "Prepare" could mean we are going to hear it next year. My impression is that live shows are for him very important part of it so I can imagine he doesn't want to release anything until he can play it live. I would like to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDoloresFrank View Post
    I don't think so. "Prepare" could mean we are going to hear it next year. My impression is that live shows are for him very important part of it so I can imagine he doesn't want to release anything until he can play it live. I would like to be wrong.
    Why ?? So he can play new stuff for the firts 2 or 3 shows of the tour and then go back to the same old boring 70 min setlist ?

It's a shame that the last few album releases did not have any marketing and build up to release. I used to really enjoy pre album periods, getting updates and teases and then talk about it on the old forums and bbs. Posting 1 picture or sentence on social media followed by long periods of nothing is for me not creating any hype. Still looking forward to the album though😅

Quote Originally Posted by maniac82 View Post
    Why ?? So he can play new stuff for the firts 2 or 3 shows of the tour and then go back to the same old boring 70 min setlist ?
    Exactly. That is what I am afraid of and what I was also thinking when I was writing that post.
    "Why ??" It is not about whether he is going to play new stuff or not, or how much of it he is he going to play. By releasing new album he gets more media presence so that those shows with the "same old setlist" sell better.