Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: So About the Nachtkabarett

Default So About the Nachtkabarett

What happens when Google discontinues Flash? Since that site basically runs on that ya know. Is it just a Chrome issue or?...Forgive me as usual I am a dumbass and drink too much.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

As I understand it, because they were so close Manzin will always make sure that The Nachtkaberett exists, so I would hope he's got that one on his radar.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

fuckwhatyoulove Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    As I understand it, because they were so close Manzin will always make sure that The Nachtkaberett exists, so I would hope he's got that one on his radar.
    That's awesome. Glad someone will make sure it's preserved.

EDIT: Quick research said Adobe will no longer support/ develop it, but you can still download and use it. So i don't think it's much to worry about.

There are a few people as far as I'm aware that have been keeping the site alive and well since Nick died.

fuckwhatyoulove Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    There are a few people as far as I'm aware that have been keeping the site alive and well since Nick died.
    Including Nick's sister i believe.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

It doesn’t used much flash, the intro page does but it could just be replaced with a still.

MMs website archive uses flash, but again, it’s nice to have it, I still have all the files too. But if browsers don’t support it, it’s just part of the internet that’s going to die.

But overall majority isn’t flash and doesn’t need it, so it’s pretty good and safe.

I just went on the site now, it's like a time capsule to my teenage years. I used to freak people out by going on it while at school, which was 100% my intention.

End of an era. Not just for the NK, which died with N.K. as his masterwork. But also for that particular format of interactive web, which is more or less impossible to accomplish now. Weirdly, that tech has gone backwards in capability and capacity, due to the ‘architectural’ standard/ubiquity of a sterile, minimal, unoffensive online experience.