Thread: Albums that met and didn't meet your expectations

Default Albums that met and didn't meet your expectations

I thought Eat Me, Drink Me was gonna be a dancey, synth-heavy Eurogoth EBM kind of thing, given the Vampire theme. Way off base. I still want Manson to do this.

I thought THEOL was gonna be an attempt to recapture the ACSS sound in fact as well as in spirit; I expected most of the record to be "Pretty As a $". Pretty much wrong.

I called BV as a better THEOL, and I stand by that description. Basically a more or less formulaic Modern Manson Album. I never believed the description of the album as either "punk rock Mechanical Animals" or "suicide death metal".

I was terrified TPE was going to he redneck metal like Hellyeah, and I couldn't be happier to have been wrong. But when TDOASDB was released, I thought the album would lean more heavily into the blues than it ended up doing - a lot of that album is Modern Manson with a blues veneer; I thought it would totally swallow the album the way MA's electro-glam approach did.

I pretty much had HUD pegged for a BVesque Modern Manson album.

2/5. Not a great track record.

I'm gonna call the Shooter album as Modern Manson with a country veneer - janglier guitars than TPE, more solos, still identifiable as Modern Manson.

Gimme dat Eurogoth album, flyboy.
    Last edited by The Overman; 07-20-2020 at 12:36 AM.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

fuckwhatyoulove Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    I thought THEOL was gonna be an attempt to recapture the ACSS sound in fact as well as in spirit; I expected most of the record to be "Pretty As a $". Pretty much wrong.

I called BV as a better THEOL, and I stand by that description. Basically a more or less formulaic Modern Manson Album. I never believed the description of the album as either "punk rock Mechanical Animals" or "suicide death metal".
    I'd actually say that THEOL is the closest MM album to ACSS in spirit, especially Arma...Geddon being the main theme of the album.

And i still consider BV Manson's most "punk" album since POAAF. BV reminds me a lot of the style of a modern MM spin on Joy Division, Killing Joke, etc.

I think the new album will have a lot of pop elements in it, as well as bluesy country vibes to it, like Black Country with a trippy pop element to it.