Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on cell phones at live shows

I like to enjoy the show with my own two eyes, if possible. Every now and then I’ll take out my phone to snap a couple of pics or maybe capture some video, but it’s not so often that it’s getting in the way of me enjoying the show.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

As in any situation, whip that thing out if you need it or if you're convinced you're going to capture something unique, but otherwise step the fuck down and realise you're in a live art show. Experience it, revel in it, throw yourself about and have a wallop. I can remember every gig I've ever been to with absolute clarity, and don't have any photos/video to prove it. All up in the cranium.

I'm one of the few people I know that really don't mind them. I mean it's annoying when you see someone holding their phone up recording the show for a while. I like to take pictures at shows as well as videos sometimes. I usually video one or two songs and it's mainly songs I really like or want to learn on guitar. Seeing the guitarist play it live helps me with learning the song.

I dont also like seeing people stocked to their phones while in a show? Any sense of respect? What did you came for? Urgh!

Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    As in any situation, whip that thing out if you need it or if you're convinced you're going to capture something unique, but otherwise step the fuck down and realise you're in a live art show.
    We're talking about mobile phones here, not dicks.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    Photos yes 100%, video recordings that are longer than 10 seconds no way gtfo.
    YEESSSS!!! more photos pls