Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 283

Thread: Marilyn Manson - We Are Chaos

  1. #21
    Ruination cataract777's Avatar
    Join Date: 01.05.10
    Location: Torrance, California
    Posts: 1,970
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Loving the avatar.
    The “Prepare” video was definitely interesting. Can’t wait to see what’s about to come, and it’s nice we don’t have to wait long.
    Hopefully we do actually get a song tomorrow instead of just an announcement. It’s also a possibility he might just drop the whole thing. He might as well with the whole COVID thing going on.

  2. #22
    T R A I T O R
    Join Date: 02.12.14
    Location: Crashville
    Posts: 3,661
    Rank: Golden Needle

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [psycho]logical View Post
    Manson's posted the cover on Insta and Twitter now and his avi has been updated.

    HW + TGAOG + MA = That photo. Love it

  3. #23

    Join Date: 06.26.09
    Posts: 335
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    The tie is very TGAOG :/

  4. #24
    Crimes in the Ocean mr.svperstar13's Avatar
    Join Date: 09.15.12
    Posts: 2,914
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Higher quality. I don't know the source someone sent it to me.

  5. #25
    Dr. Cockandballs Para-Noir's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.21.09
    Location: Netherlands
    Posts: 353
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    He put it on Instagram

  6. #26
    DecayingSinner's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Philadelphia
    Posts: 1,438
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    I’m getting very excited with all of these surprises! Was not expecting this!! The photo is great. Love that tie!

  7. #27

    Join Date: 09.28.12
    Posts: 44
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Revolver has got a dedicated page for the Prepare video. It's actually longer, but only because it shows the imagery twice. It suggests they might have some exclusive content though.

    https://www.revolvermag.com/prepare

  8. #28

    Join Date: 06.22.14
    Posts: 232
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    It’s also a possibility he might just drop the whole thing. He might as well with the whole COVID thing going on.
    Never going to happen. He’d lose an ungodly amount of money doing so. It’s like, fuckin’ Beyoncé and Taylor Swift and a few others do it and suddenly everyone thinks their favourite band can just abruptly plop an album out with zero promotion, zero logistics, and no tour. Megastars can bank on their megastar status, most of their income streams tangibly have little to do with their actual musical output, and their relationship with the media and the public is such that their business model boils down to being a constant media presence, far more important than the actual financial performance of albums and even tours (hence why most hugely popular popstars have comparatively way smaller tours. Beyoncé makes more doing coachella than Manson makes doing a lap around the entire US). For everyone else, albums are serious investments, they make very little returns and mostly act as advertisements for tours. If he released the album tomorrow with zero promotional buildup, it’d chart far lower than anything he’s ever released, make much less than his previous album, and knock the wind out of a future tour. Also, his label doesn’t have the infrastructure to coordinate a physical media release that quickly, so the album would be available only digitally for at least a few weeks.

    From a fan perspective, personally I’d also hate it. I never understood the allure of random album drops, unless you didn’t even know the album was in production in the first place. Like if one day he dropped an EP with some b-sides him and Shooter recorded on the road or a covers album out of the blue, that’d be a delicious treat, but a random drop of an album in production we’ve been eagerly following would just be anticlimactic, quite literally. To me it’s akin to a quick fuck on the couch near-fully clothed before work compared to a night-long drug-fueled passionate fuckfest culminating in a dimension-shattering orgasm. Manson fans have always prided themselves on our mutually understood and totally only kind of gay edging sessions before album releases, why break tradition?

    That being said, I’ve long believed there’s something far more likely to happen, that makes way more sense for everyone involved. Obviously covid has made album promotion and releases a little crazy for most labels and artists, requiring a bit of outside the box thinking. Manson like most of us has been cooped up for months with only his art supplies, and simultaneously he’s not going to be able to do the typical promotional cycle, at least for the first while. What my prediction is, is that this’ll be a very media-heavy era, and that there may very well be a video filmed for every song on the album, plus other little things here and there perhaps, possibly even having an arc through them, who knows. He would drop a new single and video every month, get about halfway through the album, then depending on how things are in regards to covid, announce a tour and release the full album in all formats shortly before it, continuing with the rest of the music videos throughout the tour.

    The fact this small and relatively insignificant ‘Prepare’ teaser has the production value that it does (compare this to the website intros or teasers for any of the last four albums), to me confirms this is likely the gameplan. Business-wise it also makes the most sense.

  9. #29
    Ruination cataract777's Avatar
    Join Date: 01.05.10
    Location: Torrance, California
    Posts: 1,970
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    Never going to happen. He’d lose an ungodly amount of money doing so. It’s like, fuckin’ Beyoncé and Taylor Swift and a few others do it and suddenly everyone thinks their favourite band can just abruptly plop an album out with zero promotion, zero logistics, and no tour. Megastars can bank on their megastar status, most of their income streams tangibly have little to do with their actual musical output, and their relationship with the media and the public is such that their business model boils down to being a constant media presence, far more important than the actual financial performance of albums and even tours (hence why most hugely popular popstars have comparatively way smaller tours. Beyoncé makes more doing coachella than Manson makes doing a lap around the entire US). For everyone else, albums are serious investments, they make very little returns and mostly act as advertisements for tours. If he released the album tomorrow with zero promotional buildup, it’d chart far lower than anything he’s ever released, make much less than his previous album, and knock the wind out of a future tour. Also, his label doesn’t have the infrastructure to coordinate a physical media release that quickly, so the album would be available only digitally for at least a few weeks.

    From a fan perspective, personally I’d also hate it. I never understood the allure of random album drops, unless you didn’t even know the album was in production in the first place. Like if one day he dropped an EP with some b-sides him and Shooter recorded on the road or a covers album out of the blue, that’d be a delicious treat, but a random drop of an album in production we’ve been eagerly following would just be anticlimactic, quite literally. To me it’s akin to a quick fuck on the couch near-fully clothed before work compared to a night-long drug-fueled passionate fuckfest culminating in a dimension-shattering orgasm. Manson fans have always prided themselves on our mutually understood and totally only kind of gay edging sessions before album releases, why break tradition?

    That being said, I’ve long believed there’s something far more likely to happen, that makes way more sense for everyone involved. Obviously covid has made album promotion and releases a little crazy for most labels and artists, requiring a bit of outside the box thinking. Manson like most of us has been cooped up for months with only his art supplies, and simultaneously he’s not going to be able to do the typical promotional cycle, at least for the first while. What my prediction is, is that this’ll be a very media-heavy era, and that there may very well be a video filmed for every song on the album, plus other little things here and there perhaps, possibly even having an arc through them, who knows. He would drop a new single and video every month, get about halfway through the album, then depending on how things are in regards to covid, announce a tour and release the full album in all formats shortly before it, continuing with the rest of the music videos throughout the tour.

    The fact this small and relatively insignificant ‘Prepare’ teaser has the production value that it does (compare this to the website intros or teasers for any of the last four albums), to me confirms this is likely the gameplan. Business-wise it also makes the most sense.
    I completely understand where you’re coming from but, with the ability for people to gather in large groups for the purpose of a concert not currently in the near future, him dragging out promotion would most likely kill the hype for the album. If that makes sense.

    If he’s unable to truly promote the album with a tour until late next year (most likely, with the way things are going) the hype would surely fade. Not with us, but surely for others who are mildly interested. Plus he’s making a “big announcement” tomorrow. I don’t see him making that announcement and then trying to maintain the hype for said album with an album cover and everything until next year. I guess the other possibility would be for him to slowly release the record like you said. Like a track a month or something along those lines. We’ll find out.

  10. #30

    Join Date: 06.22.14
    Posts: 232
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    I completely understand where you’re coming from but, with the ability for people to gather in large groups for the purpose of a concert not currently in the near future, him dragging out promotion would most likely kill the hype for the album. If that makes sense.

    If he’s unable to truly promote the album with a tour until late next year (most likely, with the way things are going) the hype would surely fade. Not with us, but surely for others who are mildly interested. Plus he’s making a “big announcement” tomorrow. I don’t see him making that announcement and then trying to maintain the hype for said album with an album cover and everything until next year. I guess the other possibility would be for him to slowly release the record like you said. Like a track a month or something along those lines. We’ll find out.
    I respectfully disagree on a few fronts.

    Him abruptly releasing the album would kill the hype for the tour, which is where at least 90% of the money made from an album cycle comes from. And again, it’d made the album suffer performatively and commercially. It’d make absolutely no business sense. You’re thinking of it from a Manson superfan perspective. With Manson especially, most people who buy his albums and go to his shows aren’t superfans, which is a good thing. We might be a tight-knit group, but especially the past few years, Manson’s buddied up to and drawn in people from all walks of life. His ‘comeback’ so to say since PE, which I don’t see acknowledged nearly enough, has been his astute ability to have a broad appeal lately. The downside of that is that it’s a much more volatile situation to be in bottom line, than to have a large dedicated following of superfans.

    It wouldn’t be ‘dragging out’ promotion at all. Especially with the music industry built on singles, videos, and streams these days, it’d be quite smart. If the videos are damn good and arousing and fascinating, he gets a new splash of articles and publicity every month. He already dabbled with this very tactic during HUD, to massive benefit, albeit much of it with the album already released. Nevertheless, the last era was video-crazy, and my hunch is he’s likely even moreso now.

    When it comes to a potential tour. He wouldn’t start in America, obviously. With the way the trend is going, I think it’s entirely reasonable to suggest that most western countries will be ‘opened up’ about five-six months from now. It’s only the US that’s still abjectly and utterly fucked. Release the album around December (Hell. Christmas is a Friday, the standard for album releases), starts touring parts of Europe and Canada in January, gets about four videos out before then.

    In any case, maybe a single will be released tomorrow, that’d be awesome, but also very abnormal (even a rudimentary understanding of how YouTube works would make you think it’s the dumbest idea ever). I’ll stick to my guns however and say that he’s probably not dropping an entire album tomorrow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •