Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson - We Are Chaos

I'm just hoping that it's not another country inspired album . From what we saw and hear by now about this record ,i would say it's gonna be something like art-ambient synth rock thing .

I got an early Genesis vibe to the video.... liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    I'm just hoping that it's not another country inspired album . From what we saw and hear by now about this record ,i would say it's gonna be something like art-ambient synth rock thing .
    Assuming that the snippet from the video is (A) from the record and (B) representative of its sound, I'd generally agree. It reminds me of the textural experimentation of the middle section of Holy Wood, which is the strongest portion of his discography, so...

For myself, I hope there's no four-to-the-floor Beautiful Disposable Dope Teens song on the album. I think it'd be fucking terrific to have an album of soundscapes.

Edit: And now I'm imagining a world in which Manson released an art rock album after Holy Wood and picked up some serious critical credibility, but only sold like a third as many units as GAOG and decided to retire early.
    Last edited by The Overman; 07-29-2020 at 04:17 AM.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

I don't think it would totally be out of the question for the album be released digitally today, alongside preorders for physical copies to be released later in the year that come with a code for the digital download. No artist knows when they're going to be able to be tour next, so they can either wait until that becomes clearer, or release music now and sell tickets for a tour next year that will likely be postponed and no longer be part of the album cycle.

I don't think that's going to happen here, but it's what other artists are doing (and I'm not talking about the likes of Beyonce either) so it isn't impossible.

In other news, Metal Hammer seems to think that the cover is for the single and it's the single 'We Are Chaos' that's going to be released today. Personally, I think they've got their wires crossed, especially as that cover was listed Loma Vista's site as being the album.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/mar...-we-are-chaos-
    Last edited by [psycho]logical; 07-29-2020 at 04:49 AM.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Track list is credible. Yes, I'm aware of my reputation. Anyway....

3h - and 51m "Get your stop watches ready" ...to go.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

In the first 30 sec in the PREPARE video we can hear some backmasking- distorted lyrics

music video comming up

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

I think that’s the funny thing with the press, fans etc. Releasing an album and a single of the same name causes confusion and chaos as to what is actually coming. Living up to its name already.

Music genre for new album is described as hard rock/industrial .
    MM said about the record : "Making this record, I had to think to myself: Tame your crazy, stitch your suit, try to pretend that you are not an animal. But I knew that mankind is the worst of them all.”

I love how we've got no idea what this will sound like. Expecting some southern influences.....apart from that no idea.
    Last edited by Freeston3r; 07-29-2020 at 07:34 AM.